Shelby American Center Visit

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I was in Vegas over the weekend and had some downtime so my wife and I went to check out the Shelby American Center.

It was pretty awesome. They had a full motion simulator too that I drove. It was setup with a 2020 GT500 and the track was Monza.

I ended up setting their lap record in my 10 minute session.

The original record was 59.833 and I hit 59.774. The guy running the simulator before me was hitting ~1:15 per lap and the employee's were commenting on how that was about average.

They do free tours, but not on Sundays, so we didn't do a tour. Instead we just looked around the store, showroom, and through the windows to the shop.

Here's some pictures and a video, just wanted to share!

zndARLa.jpg

b3Mi8qM.jpg

G2UhOnu.jpg

Ht8QVQV.jpg
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
They didn’t have the sim when I was there back in May. Good reason to go back :idea:

OP
OP
TheSnowmanMafia

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
They didn’t have the sim when I was there back in May. Good reason to go back :idea:
It was 35 bucks for 10 minutes. Worth it IMO.

I have a basic sim rig in my basement, no motion, no VR, just a wheel/pedal/shifter setup with a mounted TV and seat. This was a whole 'nother level. It was really fun.

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
If you're in Vegas don't forget to go to the track where you can rent a GT 5.0, Corvette, or Camaro. You get to drive it around the road course, which is out near the Nascar arena. A pro driver is next to you, telling you how not to kill yourself. They have Ferraris, Lambos, etc but you can't drive them,but sit in the passenger seat.
When I was walking out of the place, I decided to buy a Gt Premium , which I did when I got home. Life changing experience.They have cameras in the car and you buy a thumb drive upon which your laps are recorded. Speed, turns, G force, lap time, it's all there. & laps for about $175.00
The Shelby Museum used to be there but I heard they moved it into town.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheSnowmanMafia

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
If you're in Vegas don't forget to go to the track where you can rent a GT 5.0, Corvette, or Camaro. You get to drive it around the road course, which is out near the Nascar arena. A pro driver is next to you, telling you how not to kill yourself. They have Ferraris, Lambos, etc but you can't drive them,but sit in the passenger seat.
When I was walking out of the place, I decided to buy a Gt Premium , which I did when I got home. Life changing experience.They have cameras in the car and you buy a thumb drive upon which your laps are recorded. Speed, turns, G force, lap time, it's all there. & laps for about $175.00
The Shelby Museum used to be there but I heard they moved it into town.
I've gotten to do that in Orlando.

It was a private event though so there weren't really lap restrictions.

Drove and F430 Scuderia for a bit around the infield track at Daytona and got pretty comfortable with it.

Loads of fun.
Sponsored