Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
GT
Hi All,

I placed my order for an Oxford White GT Fastback on Friday! :headbang:

Went for the Shaker Pro with Navigation (mainly wanted the Sat Nav) but now thinking if my car comes with Sync 3 (thoughts? Will it or not??), I can use the Apple CarPlay Maps feature!

TIA,
This is my first post,
Looks like a great Forum guys :thumbsup:
Tom
Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Hi,

Congrats and welcome.

Yes, recent orders will come with Sync 3 and can use Android Auto or Apple Carplay. Not sure about the Shaker Pro, think it just adds a base box in the boot?

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Welcome!
As above the MY2017 comes with Sync3 though no idea how any of the new features work. Also have no idea how effective the sub in the boot is as I've not come across a car without it!
I wanted an integrated SatNav and like my music loud so with Sync2 on the early cars it was a no-brainer.

OP
OP
Tom.GT

Tom.GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
GT
Thanks guys!
How are you so sure MY17 comes with Sync 3? Stacey wasn't able to confirm this and ford.co.uk still says Sync2 (I'm aware website is pretty crap though!)

Totally agree Steve, with Sync 2 the only way to have integrated Sat Nav was with the upgrade, hence why I went for it.

I love my music but I think I'm going to prefer just listening to that engine! ;)

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Its worth it for the sound. Its actually quite a decent stereo system!

Also bear in mind resale (if thats an issue) - id imagine most (if not all) UK/EU specced cars will have the shaker, and ones without might rule out potential future purchasers.

I have friends with (different) cars with Apple/Android play. The UNIVERSAL verdict is that Apple maps is absolutely appalling. Many of them have bought a cheapie Android phone just so that they can use Google Maps.

Worth bearing in mind, perhaps....

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
How are you so sure MY17 comes with Sync 3?
All '17MY builds are reported to be coming with Sync 3 (for the US & EU & the rest of the world). However, everything is open to change, so until we actually see a '17MY landed in the UK, we won't know for sure.

The US '17s definitely have it though.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah if you've got Sync 3, you can somewhat circumvent the need for a satnav, however, you'll still have the greyed out 'navigation' box on the screen, which is a bit sh1tty, bit live-able.

The shaker pro adds a few extra speakers and a sub in the boot, I bought the pack purely for the sat-nav, not the shaker system, but it's a decent system, I'm no audiophile but the sound, sounds decent enough to my ears. :lol:

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I have friends with (different) cars with Apple/Android play. The UNIVERSAL verdict is that Apple maps is absolutely appalling. Many of them have bought a cheapie Android phone just so that they can use Google Maps.

Worth bearing in mind, perhaps....
Yes i wouldn't touch Apple products with a barge pole. Overpriced, under speced and very restrictive

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
I opted out of the shaker pro and haven't looked back. The base system is pretty good (once you've adjusted the bass, mid and treble range), and I don't need the sat Nav (my iPhone is way better anyway).

Anyway, who needs to listen to the shaker? The V8 is music enough!

OP
OP
Tom.GT

Tom.GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
GT
Good points [MENTION=21204]kapiteinlangzaam[/MENTION] Cheers

Hi Manders, I think there's a slightly different layout for Sync 3, probably still be an empty button or something though, I'll do some digging lol

I'll have the phone plugged in all the time anyway so should just display CarPlay display.

Update:
image.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Good points @kapiteinlangzaam Cheers

Hi Manders, I think there's a slightly different layout for Sync 3, probably still be an empty button or something though, I'll do some digging lol

I'll have the phone plugged in all the time anyway so should just display CarPlay display.
It is a different layout, but if I remember correctly, it's still got a button for navigation, it's on the bottom row next to apps between phone. It'll just be that button that's unusable - other than that, you're in the clear :)

Yeah, to be honest, sometimes I don't have the radio on, but if I've got mates in the car (ones a DJ, the others proper into his music (like plays and such), i'll have the car's speakers up - Th DJ friend loves the bass, puts a right smile on his face, but can't compare to the stock one!

If you're going to use phone nav/or just plug navs through sync 3, save your money, use it for mods :D!

OP
OP
Tom.GT

Tom.GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
GT
Right, that's that sorted then. Just called the dealer and asked to remove the option, said they'd call me back. Shouldn't be a problem though, should it? I only ordered 3 days ago.

More Mods! Woohoo :thumbsup:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Good points @kapiteinlangzaam Cheers

Update:

Just seen the update! All the pics I saw showed nav, looks like ford have removed that as an option, which is very sensible, as with Sync 2, there's just 1/4 of the screen that's useless :lol:!

[MENTION=25590]Tom.GT[/MENTION] no Shaker it is then matey!

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
I must be the only one that thinks my £795 on Pro and Sat Nav was a waste of money.

The sound system is not a patch on my 1998 3 series BMW with its original speakers and a £200 head with iPod integration.

The Sync 2 is horribly clunky and difficult to control on the move. What's wrong with buttons that you can feel and not look at. The Sat Nav is obviously not a patch on Google and takes forever for inputs thanks to that shitty system.

If anyone ever offers a Sync delete with a panel of toggle switches I will be first in the queue lol.
Sponsored