Sponsored

Shaker Pro Upgrade

Dillon Whitis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I just got my mustang a week ago and was kind of disappointed by the lack of a thump in the Shaker Pro system. It has great mid to high range, but I want a little more bass with it. Mainly, I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to upgrade the stock subwoofer or amp into the same enclosure? I don't even know if it's worth it to do this, or even possible, but I figured I'd ask to see if anyone has done this in previous generations.
Sponsored

Droid_Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
For me it seems to to vary depending on the music. I think its because we really don't have any control over it besides the three EQ settings.

I found a CD that I listened to back in high school that has ridiculous bass. D.J Magic Mike!!! :lol::lol: I think it actually sounds really good. It bumps really hard. It shakes the mirrors and the trunk rattles way too much.

I''m sure you could find a sub that fits. I've yet to even look to see where the amps are actually installed.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I can't say I'm disappointed by the system, it just isn't enough for my taste. From clarity, range, and overall volume... So I went today to a couple shops and got some estimates up upgrading everything but the head unit. Many owners would balk at dropping a bunch of money this way, but it's what I will be doing. ;) What can I say, some days I want hear the music of the engine and exhaust, others I want my ears to bleed and have the air forced out of my lungs from the bass.

The best bang-for-the-buck will be a simple subwoofer and amp upgrade. If you don't want to go full custom, give it a month or two and there will be direct swaps/kits for the oem sub location. You'll probably be looking @ $300-500 for a nice setup.

OP
OP

Dillon Whitis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
What can I say, some days I want hear the music of the engine and exhaust, others I want my ears to bleed and have the air forced out of my lungs from the bass.
I feel you on that lol. That's pretty much what I'm going for right now. Just ordered my FRPP exhaust a week ago from my uncle who's a Ford dealer.
Do you know if the amp is stand alone?

Turrizm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I also found the shaker system to be pretty weak. I'm going to try to change speakers out first then add amps if necessary.

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I feel you on that lol. That's pretty much what I'm going for right now. Just ordered my FRPP exhaust a week ago from my uncle who's a Ford dealer.
Do you know if the amp is stand alone?
I also found the shaker system to be pretty weak. I'm going to try to change speakers out first then add amps if necessary.
Usually in setups like this it's a multi-channel amp for the whole car. I'm going to upgrade all of the speakers with Focal component setups up front, coaxial in the back and a Jl sub the trunk all run through a Kenwood 900/5 amp (Jl if budget permits). Then we should be in business. :)

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Usually in setups like this it's a multi-channel amp for the whole car. I'm going to upgrade all of the speakers with Focal component setups up front, coaxial in the back and a Jl sub the trunk all run through a Kenwood 900/5 amp (Jl if budget permits). Then we should be in business. :)
What would a setup like that run?

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
What would a setup like that run?
Depending on the components selected you're looking at $1k on the (very) low end and on up from there including labor.

The setup I'm looking at will be closer to the $2k range.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Depending on the components selected you're looking at $1k on the (very) low end and on up from there including labor.

The setup I'm looking at will be closer to the $2k range.
Thanks! Not as bad as I had guessed. I was expecting 3k plus:D

Hopefully you will post up a thread on your setup...hint, hint;)

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Thanks! Not as bad as I had guessed. I was expecting 3k plus:D

Hopefully you will post up a thread on your setup...hint, hint;)
My first quote was just under 3k and I switched things a bit. I'm also working with a company that makes sub boxes specific for each car so hopefully in a few weeks that will be available for our cars as well.

I'll post up as much as I can. Unfortunately I'll be at the shop's mercy for pics during the install since I can't hang around. (And I'll be nervous as hell having them taking apart my brand new car. lol)

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
My first quote was just under 3k and I switched things a bit. I'm also working with a company that makes sub boxes specific for each car so hopefully in a few weeks that will be available for our cars as well.

I'll post up as much as I can. Unfortunately I'll be at the shop's mercy for pics during the install since I can't hang around. (And I'll be nervous as hell having them taking apart my brand new car. lol)
LOL! Understand. I would be as well. Looking forward to your feedback with the new components.

Blitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP w/Perfomance
When you do all this, are you replacingg the my ford touch feature? I have 4channel amps and a sub amp for my 12" and speakers but that was with an aftermarket deck. I was really looking forward to the my ford touch design. I dont want to sacrifice it.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
When you do all this, are you replacingg the my ford touch feature? I have 4channel amps and a sub amp for my 12" and speakers but that was with an aftermarket deck. I was really looking forward to the my ford touch design. I dont want to sacrifice it.
We aren't touching the head unit -- just grabbing the signal from it, routing to the new amp(s) and then new wiring back to the new speakers.

Unfortunately my install has been put off a week or so to get a better, lighter, sub enclosure designed and built than they initially came up with. :(

Turrizm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm going to just start with swapping the speakers and Maybe a new amp... I have a feeling that a good amp and some decent full range replacement speakers would do wonders for the system, and the sub needs a nice crossover with a 35hz bass bump and we'll be sounding good.
Sponsored