Sponsored

Shaker Pro Subwoofer Static Noise

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Race Red
Has anyone else noticed a weird staticy noise coming from the subwoofer in the 401A package? Didn't really notice it at first but now that I've removed the subwoofer multiple times to get to the tailight wiring harness I'm wondering if something is wrong. Everytime there is a decent amount of bass there is a static sound coming from the sub itself. I took the sub out and noticed that the trunk mat was bunched up under it and fixed the problem but now it is back and not quite as noticeable but still enough to really bother me. Video below. You can really hear it right at the end of the video. Car is only 2 months old.

Kind of hard to hear over the bass but sounds like a high pitched screeching sound.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Just found a similar thread: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=955243#post955243

Also, I did just put in a LLoyd trunk mat so maybe this makes it even worse?

[ame]
Sponsored

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
Pull the headliner at the rear, there is a mic there, disconnect the mic and the noise will be gone. ITs the active noise cancelling feature for fake noise.

sandpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
He has a GT, not an Ecoboost. Do they have the noise cancelling mike?

Ap8823

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
Would the sub sound better if you disconnected the mic? Even if you didn't have the hissing noise?

Sponsored

OP
OP
nrothaar

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Race Red
Wonder if the GTs have the mic.. but thanks for the replies guys. I actually did try shoving a towel back there as you said in your thread but didn't seem to work. Maybe the towel was too small haha but I was able to get this fixed and posted it in the other thread I found but will post it here as well:

Well I finally figured this out. Turns out that the fabric the liner is made out of causes a squeaking noise whenever it rubs against the metal of the car. Doesn't have anything to do with the magnet (at least my issue didn't). Took me about an hour to figure this out.

I'm assuming they had issues with this due to Ford adding the magnet. If you push or move the liner around you will hear the squeaking and once the sub is installed it makes the liner much tighter.

In order to fix this, you have to make sure the liner is lined up PERFECTLY or else it will rub against the metal of the car. I found an area right behind the passenger side back seat where the fabric had two notches in it which rubbed against the metal when any sound or movement came from the back-right of the car (mostly when music came from the sub). I was able to get my finger in there and pop the dents out of the fabric and everything is back to normal.

I'm assuming this happened when I took the sub out the very first time when I installed my sequential tail lights. So in order to fix this just make sure the fabric is perfectly lined up and make sure there aren't any indentations in it causing the liner to rub against the metal or brackets on the car.

flame777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium 5.0 PP
Shaker Pro Static

Hello all new here.
Just would like to pipe in on this thread. I have a similar problem.
2016 GT Premium 5.0 Shaker Pro. With car and radio OFF, there is a static/wind blowing noise coming from the sub in the trunk only. You can only hear this when your ear is close to the speaker. To me, it sounds like the amp signal remains on even after the radio is off. Not sure if this is related to your problems or not. Any ideas would be helpful before I take it to Ford.
Thanks.

flame777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After closer examination (and a quieter area) I noticed that the sound is coming out of ALL speakers. This would lead me to believe that the head deck is still sending the trigger signal to the amp even after the radio is off. Hmmmm.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
After closer examination (and a quieter area) I noticed that the sound is coming out of ALL speakers. This would lead me to believe that the head deck is still sending the trigger signal to the amp even after the radio is off. Hmmmm.
Yes, the amp is on when the ignition is on. Pretty common.
As for your subwoofer, sounds like something is vibrating.

flame777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ignition off. Radio off. Had to pull the amp fuse for the noise to stop. Put the fuse back and everything for fine until tonight when the sound came back. Amp not triggering off.

Sponsored

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
Ignition off. Radio off. Had to pull the amp fuse for the noise to stop. Put the fuse back and everything for fine until tonight when the sound came back. Amp not triggering off.
Nice job troubleshooting it to this point, definitely good info to give to Ford.