Sponsored

SCT Tune review

VoodooPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold 2011 GT, Sold 2016 GT 350, 2018 GT 350R JR034
Has anyone purchased the SCT tune and can provide a review with no other mods on the car? Please let me know what you think.
Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
SCT isn't known for great off the shelf tunes. If you are going to get it I would suggest a proper dyno tune or a tune from Lund.

Arpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic Black Stripes
SCT isn't known for great off the shelf tunes. If you are going to get it I would suggest a proper dyno tune or a tune from Lund.
+1 I have SCT with a custom tune for my JLT intake, and waiting for my Kooks headers to arrive to do another custom tune and a dyno.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I tried the canned SCT tunes on both my Focus ST and Ecoboost Mustang. They make the same power as stage 1 tunes from Steeda or the Unleashed prior to data logging. BUT, the driveability was no where near as good. The throttle was touchy and made for a frustrating daily driver experience. The Unleashed tune after doing a couple of rounds of data logging and tune revisions made a very noticeable improvement in power with no other changes.

rjm-1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
+1 I have SCT with a custom tune for my JLT intake, and waiting for my Kooks headers to arrive to do another custom tune and a dyno.
Interested to hear your results as the car I just purchased has has Kooks Comp system with JLT CAI and tune. Of course I haven't driven the car yet as it's in cold storage until spring. :mad:

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
I just replaced the JLT air intake and custom tune for the Ford Performance air filter and updated SCT X4 tune. As my car is under warranty, every time I had to go to dealer I opted to remove the tune and cold air just in case. Well, enough about that.

Let me just say, The SCT X4 tune and Ford Performance air filter are an awesome combination. My test drive proved similar to the JLT tune, but who knows how much torque or HP difference between the two without actual dyno tests. I have been driving my 350 stock for about 3 months now, since I removed JLT tune and cold air. So, the SCT X4 tune with air filter was really a great chance to see how things would shape up. First, the FP air filter and test drive, well, the quickness of accelerator or more so, the ability to breathe and rev easier seemed to be the result with just the FP air filter alone. Happy to have that by itself. Added the SCT X4 tune and test drove, and holy cow, just like GEICO, I got more. The
combo netted a very noticeable down under torque increase,,, where at lower RPMs before, and every says this, the 350 is pretty anemic. Not with the tune and FP air filter, it woke up and in a big way. Lower RPM shifts exhibited noticeably more torque pull and acceleration was noticeably quicker. To what extent compared to stock or JLT, I cannot say exactly. Felt close to JLT, but definitely better than stock. I programmed 93 octane and nothing else. I do have the FP sport exhaust by Borla too.

No codes, nice idle, more robust power, and faster...what more can anyone ask for? Plus, it’s easy to swap to stock tune when necessary if your car is under warranty and you care. If you don’t care, then perhaps the JLT might be better if you can tell the difference between the HP and torque of the SCT and JLT with tune. Otherwise, I am going to give a solid recommendation for the SCT X4 combined with the FP air filter. It really woke the car up from stock, and it is literally plug and play. My test drives have thus far convinced me that it’s worth a shot, and investment if someone wants to gain some noticeable power for their stock 350. That’s my .02 cents.

Have at it.
Sponsored