Sponsored

Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
It's the difference between qualitative and empirical data... show me the latter
Sponsored

Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Have not been reading any of this but sure seems toxic. Just a little insight into how Australia recorderCovid deaths, if you died being Covid positive; even if you were hit by a bus; it was recorded as a Covid death.
As a fellow Aussie, I’d like you to quit bullshitting.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
For what exactly?
Not Towing the covid b/s line?
You do know that silencing those that don't agree with, or believe the same ideals as you, is what the Nazi's and others have done.
You know like Hitler, Kim Il-sung .Mao Zedong .Marshal Peng Dehuai .Joseph Stalin. To name a few.
These are the same types that tell you what type car you WILL drive and WHO will be allowed to own one.
Is this thread a conversation or an echo chamber?
Wait….so you’re all about freedom of speech but want this thread locked down because you (incorrectly) believe that it’s political? Could you be a little more consistent with your approach please?

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
That was not the one you quoted, last time. but nice try.
And yes, that last one was me, no one is as smart is they think they are. not him, not me, not you.
Dunning-Krueger explained that the brightest tend to underestimate their potential while the erm, less bright tend to think more highly of themselves…
But hey, you can choose not to believe that, I mean, it’s only backed by evidence….

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just getting off of the Covid topic momentarily…
Today I discovered (courtesy of my wife) that “The government” has been causing all of the floods across Australia (according to one of her anti-vax work colleagues).

Yes, it’s true. “The government” have been seeding the clouds using jets. This is albeing done in order to promote the idea that climate change is real. Now, I did have a few questions about this, like, are we’re talking about the conservative federal government, the conservative state governments or just the left wing state governments…..given that the floods have occurred across half the country…..

I also asked why the floods aren’t as severe in some areas as they were say 50 years ago. Seems to me that “the government” must’ve miscalculated the distribution of rainfall…such a government thing to do though, right?

Still waiting for answers.
Should I ask more questions or do you guys think I should be satisfied with the evidence that’s been provided so far?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Just getting off of the Covid topic momentarily…
Today I discovered (courtesy of my wife) that “The government” has been causing all of the floods across Australia (according to one of her anti-vax work colleagues).

Yes, it’s true. “The government” have been seeding the clouds using jets. This is albeing done in order to promote the idea that climate change is real. Now, I did have a few questions about this, like, are we’re talking about the conservative federal government, the conservative state governments or just the left wing state governments…..given that the floods have occurred across half the country…..

I also asked why the floods aren’t as severe in some areas as they were say 50 years ago. Seems to me that “the government” must’ve miscalculated the distribution of rainfall…such a government thing to do though, right?

Still waiting for answers.
Should I ask more questions or do you guys think I should be satisfied with the evidence that’s been provided so far?
The sad thing is these people (and I use the term carefully) believe the fairy tales they want to because it fits with their narrative. NOT ONCE do they stop and think that all the data / evidence presented a professional way is in any way plausible. They just keep on their merry conspiracy way. It takes a particular level of intellect to keep bashing away like that when ALL the evidence proves you wrong.

They claim independent research and thought, and yet can NEVER come up with any of this independent research or specify these independent thoughts. They are the very drones, sheep, followers, brainwashed (whichever chosen insult they decide to use from time to time) that they accuse others of. Luckily most people see them for what they are - loons

The thing is that their judgement is so poor would you trust them to do anything that requires responsibility?

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Wait….so you’re all about freedom of speech but want this thread locked down because you (incorrectly) believe that it’s political? Could you be a little more consistent with your approach please?
He has a serious ego problem. He has no ability to follow links, no ability to take on board information (other than what he wants to hear) and compares anything that he is told he must or cannot do to a totalitarian state. Methinks the problem is more than skin deep!

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
“Twitter stops policing Covid-19 misinformation under CEO Elon Musk”-CNBC

Great news for science! Hopefully Twitter will implode under Musk’s reign.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)

In Europe however there are laws that Twitter has to abide by, it is difficult to see how Musks comments and management of Twitter and those laws will work. Twitter ceases to be a functional social media platform if it loses Europe and others.

Elon Musk sacking Twitter's entire Brussels office puts him on collision course with EU laws | Fortune

EU's Vestager: Consequences will 'haunt' Elon Musk if Twitter flouts law : NPR

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Honestly, I never understood the fascination people seem to have with Twitter. At the end of the day, it’s now his platform and I have no objections to him running it however he sees fit. It’s not like the people who rely on it for credible info are going to do any actual research anyway. If they can’t get their favourite conspiracy theories published there, they’ll simply keep searching until they find it.
If it succeeds, fine. If it fails? Also fine.

The harder part is determining what actually constitutes ”misinformation”….

For example:
It‘s been claimed that the covid vaccines seem to increase the risk of myo/pericarditis in males of certain age groups.
Based on the studies done so far, that appears to be (at least mostly) true. BUT, it fails to mention that the risk of these issues is MUCH higher as a result of infection in the absence of vaccination and that the actual seriousness of the condition is far greater in unvaccinated individuals.

Misinformation or simple omission of facts? To me it’s the former, but I’m sure others will just want to hear the first part and ignore the second part because it allows them to continue believing what they already believe, whilst also “propping up” those beliefs.
Sponsored