OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
So now you’ve decided the people not getting vaccinated are all right wing republicans. Interesting.
People are being worse than bullied, they’re losing their jobs, their livelihoods, friends, family and probably more to come. People are being shoehorned into a discrimated demographic. Again, a very dangerous precedent.

it’s a vaccine today, what will it be next?
Wait….what? Wasn’t it YOU who suggested that mentioning a persons vax status was somehow political?

Please make up your mind.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I can obviously see you're on team COVID and probably enjoy seeing people who are anti-vaccine get the virus and die.
The guy has been on this page for quite some time, sharing information pertaining to how vaccination can/will improve a persons likelihood of survival/better outcomes overall.
Do you honestly think he takes pleasure in hearing of people needlessly dying as a result of their (frankly quite stupid) ideology or misinformation. Really?
You don’t think he might wish that each and every single one of them had been given access to proper information and had their questions addressed properly, rather than some BS conspiracy theory crap/“freedom” ideology that is now arguably amongst the leading causes of death in the US….

Education FTW.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
She made the choice not to suscept herself to a vaccine while pregnant as there’s no long term studies on effects yet and I supported her decision and would’ve supported her either way. It’s her body even though it’s also my child.
You’re absolutely correct, there’s been no long term study of the vaccines in pregnant women. There is however short term data that reveals that pregnancy is one of the leading causes of being hospitalised from Covid. Right up there with the best (worst) of them in fact.
I have no idea what the actual death rate is for mother and or baby, but I would imagine that if you’ve reached a point where hospitalisation is a reality, it’s also fair to say that both mother and child are probably under duress.

Just to be clear, not being able to breathe properly would suck. It would suck much worse when you‘re trying to breathe for two and you’ve got an abdomen full of arms and legs pushing up into your lungs, along with the anxiety and the complications that might cause an expectant mother.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you were a bus driver or pilot and directly responsible for the death of people due to the fact you were not wearing your seatbelt, you’d be tried and face those consequences.

No, I’m saying it’s speculative to say the reason he died was because he was unvaccinated, when vaccinated people die of COVID as well. In most cases of COVID death is not 100% healthy people, there’s typically an underlying additional health issue. I’m saying it’s bold to outright say his death was because he was unvaccinated.
Did they report that he died because he was unvaccinated or did they simply mention that he wasn’t? (I didn’t read the article).

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
If you were a bus driver or pilot and directly responsible for the death of people due to the fact you were not wearing your seatbelt, you’d be tried and face those consequences.

No, I’m saying it’s speculative to say the reason he died was because he was unvaccinated, when vaccinated people die of COVID as well. In most cases of COVID death is not 100% healthy people, there’s typically an underlying additional health issue. I’m saying it’s bold to outright say his death was because he was unvaccinated.
Ehh? A bus driver wears a seatbelt for his or her own safety not the passengers.

Meat Loaf was MORE LIKELY to die from COVID when not vaccinated, especially with contributing health issues he had - he made that choice and even bragged about it. Doesn't look so sharp now does he!

'Underlying conditions' always sound terminal and serious, but in reality the biggest risk factors for COVID complications are things such as diabetes, obesity, hypertension which an awful lot of people have and live with for a long time.

There is this real trend at the moment to try and make out that more people die 'with' COVID than 'from' COVID and generally underplay the significance. Those comments don't tie up with reality. Death certificates describe causes of death and contributing factors, if those contributing factors were not there then the person would not have died. Arguing semantics (incorrectly) is pretty insulting to the poor victims of COVID.

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
So

now you’re questioning my personal integrity and my doctor’s experience. Wow the onslaught never ends.
I thought he asked a perfectly reasonable question to which you have oddly taken offence. Nobody questioned your doctor, in fact you were asked whether you had been to your doctor!

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I’d suggest they reported his vax status because it’s pertinent to his cause of death. As has been made abundantly clear by the data, he most likely would still be here if he had been vaccinated,

Thats not a political rant, it’s a statement of FACT. That you see it as a political issue is weird.
I seem to remember it was Mr Loaf himself who was bragging about not being vaccinated or wearing masks, so is it any wonder it gets mentioned when he dies of COVID ?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
You’re absolutely correct, there’s been no long term study of the vaccines in pregnant women. There is however short term data that reveals that pregnancy is one of the leading causes of being hospitalised from Covid. Right up there with the best (worst) of them in fact.
I have no idea what the actual death rate is for mother and or baby, but I would imagine that if you’ve reached a point where hospitalisation is a reality, it’s also fair to say that both mother and child are probably under duress.

Just to be clear, not being able to breathe properly would suck. It would suck much worse when you‘re trying to breathe for two and you’ve got an abdomen full of arms and legs pushing up into your lungs, along with the anxiety and the complications that might cause an expectant mother.
The figures are horrible. At one point back in September there were 20 pregnant women on ventilators in the UK with COVID (out of about 150 nationally) and 19 of the 20 were unvaccinated.

Pregnant women urged to get COVID-19 vaccine following new UK safety data - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
So now you’ve decided the people not getting vaccinated are all right wing republicans. Interesting.
People are being worse than bullied, they’re losing their jobs, their livelihoods, friends, family and probably more to come. People are being shoehorned into a discrimated demographic. Again, a very dangerous precedent.

it’s a vaccine today, what will it be next?
Well you brought it up, but there is strong correlation in the US between politics and vaccination.

Vaccination, politics and COVID-19 impacts | BMC Public Health | Full Text (biomedcentral.com)

Clearly not 'all or nothing' but a concern nevertheless.

Interestingly in the UK being Conservative (right wing) means you are MORE likely to be vaccinated rather than left wing Labour supporters. Although the impact is considerably less than the US and other demographics are involved as well.

Partisanship and vaccination rates: Conservatives are more likely to be vaccinated than Labour supporters | EUROPP (lse.ac.uk)

Sadly this just reflects on the silly US politics where everything is political and divided, the rest of the world doesn't work that way.

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Thats not a political rant, it’s a statement of FACT. That you see it as a political issue is weird.
Everything in life is political to some people ... the one's I typically label as "nutjobs" because it really clouds their reality, which is easily detected by some of the crazy shit they come up with.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Very quiet in here…