Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Oh well, that MUST be true….
Can you link us to the actual Public Health Scotland report or have you not read it?

As usual, it takes about 3 minutes to “do some research”.
https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-scotland-statistics-idUSL1N2QQ24L

“A higher overall number of COVID-19 related deaths among people who are vaccinated compared to those who are unvaccinated can be seen in current weekly reporting due to the fact that over 90% of individuals in Scotland are fully vaccinated against COVID-19”, it said in an email. “For those aged 50 and over, this is at almost 100%.”

Last edited:

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Oh well, that MUST be true….
Can you link us to the actual Public Health Scotland report or have you not read it?

As usual, it takes about 3 minutes to “do some research”.
https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-scotland-statistics-idUSL1N2QQ24L

“A higher overall number of COVID-19 related deaths among people who are vaccinated compared to those who are unvaccinated can be seen in current weekly reporting due to the fact that over 90% of individuals in Scotland are fully vaccinated against COVID-19”, it said in an email. “For those aged 50 and over, this is at almost 100%.”
Hope it's not true.Belive me I want this under control as well, we can definitely agree on that .

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hope it's not true.Belive me I want this under control as well, we can definitely agree on that .
If 100% of the population was vaccinated, 100% of the cases and deaths would be in the vaccinated population.
But that would ignore that both of those gross figures would much smaller than they would otherwise be.

Who is the most frequently vaccinated group in Scotland? The elderly.
Who most frequently dies of Covid? The elderly.
So, it could easily be argued that somehow, against all odds, the very small percentage (~1%) of unvaccinated elderly people managed to make up something in the order of 10% of the deaths.

It‘s nothing more than a play on numbers.

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 A10 Roush phase 2
What Burkey is trying to point out to you is that as the group of vaccinated approaches 100% of course the percentage of deaths of that group will increase. It's just stats. You're reading it one way, the others of us are reading it another way. You think it is negative but it looks pretty good to me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
If 100% of the population was vaccinated, 100% of the cases and deaths would be in the vaccinated population.
But that would ignore that both of those gross figures would much smaller than they would otherwise be.

Who is the most frequently vaccinated group in Scotland? The elderly.
Who most frequently dies of Covid? The elderly.
So, it could easily be argued that somehow, against all odds, the very small percentage (~1%) of unvaccinated elderly people managed to make up something in the order of 10% of the deaths.

It‘s nothing more than a play on numbers.
This has been explained over and over again to some on here, but still they are too wilfully ignorant or stupid to accept or understand it. I'm afraid they don't want discussion or debate, they just want to troll wherever they can using the assumption that if they say the same thing enough people will believe them and it must be true. Fortunately most are intelligent enough to realise this isn't true.

They NEVER provide data to support their argument, and always counter data that is provided to them with 'it is political', 'follow the money' 'science doesn't know everything' or they just ignore it if those don't work. Sad really.

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
'Omicron' will exceed 'delta' tomorrow in London. remember this strain was only identified in the UK in late November. 3 weeks from first cases to dominant strain. This is no joke or hoax.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
'Omicron' will exceed 'delta' tomorrow in London. remember this strain was only identified in the UK in late November. 3 weeks from first cases to dominant strain. This is no joke or hoax.
Wait...what?

Do they do that much PCR testing? The US is terrible at it.

I do think Omicron has been here for a while.

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Symptoms are weak ,most won't know they even have it . Just take your Flintstone vitamins you'll be all right