Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Two vaccine doses don't stop you catching Omicron - BBC News

However good news that the third dose / booster provides much better protection as revealed by earlier studies.

The booster dose is going to make a big difference over the next few months in Europe and the US with winter helping COVID spread. The sooner you get your booster the better.
Sponsored

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Omicron Covid-19 Cases in U.S. Mostly Mild So Far, Data Show (msn.com)

Among 43 people infected with the variant in 22 states in recent days, there has been one hospitalization and no deaths so far, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said in a report published Friday.”

“Nearly 80% of the people infected with Omicron were fully vaccinated, the CDC said, and a third had received a booster shot. Fourteen percent of the people had a previous Covid-19 infection. Patients most commonly reported mild symptoms like cough, fatigue, congestion or runny nose, the CDC said. Nearly 60% of cases were in people 18 to 39 years old.”

““Many of the first reported cases of Omicron variant infection appear to be mild, although with all variants, a lag exists between infections and more severe outcomes,” the CDC said. The agency said the mild cases might also be due to the fact that many of the patients were younger, vaccinated people or had been previously infected.”

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red

Among 43 people infected with the variant in 22 states in recent days, there has been one hospitalization and no deaths so far, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said in a report published Friday.”

“Nearly 80% of the people infected with Omicron were fully vaccinated, the CDC said, and a third had received a booster shot. Fourteen percent of the people had a previous Covid-19 infection. Patients most commonly reported mild symptoms like cough, fatigue, congestion or runny nose, the CDC said. Nearly 60% of cases were in people 18 to 39 years old.”

““Many of the first reported cases of Omicron variant infection appear to be mild, although with all variants, a lag exists between infections and more severe outcomes,” the CDC said. The agency said the mild cases might also be due to the fact that many of the patients were younger, vaccinated people or had been previously infected.”
Not sure what your point is here. You act like no one believes in natural immunity.

So strange.

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Prof Eleanor Riley, professor of immunology and infectious disease at the University of Edinburgh, told BBC Radio 4's Today programme Omicron appeared to be so infectious that "you have to work on the basis that anyone you come into contact with has it".

She said if someone had taken a lateral flow test and been negative for the virus "within the last few hours" then they could be a little more confident.

"I think Omicron is spreading so quickly that... unless you are living like a hermit you are very likely to come across it in the next few weeks, I don't think anyone should be going around thinking they are not going to catch it... that situation has changed," she said.

Asked about whether the variant might be milder, as anecdotal accounts from South Africa have suggested, she said: "Even if it is milder and, therefore, a smaller proportion of infected people end up in hospital, given that so many people are going to come across this virus, even a small proportion of a lot of people is a lot of people in hospital."
GP Dr Sarah Jarvis told BBC Breakfast that when invited for the booster jab people should "please, please, please come in".

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Prof Eleanor Riley, professor of immunology and infectious disease at the University of Edinburgh, told BBC Radio 4's Today programme Omicron appeared to be so infectious that "you have to work on the basis that anyone you come into contact with has it".

She said if someone had taken a lateral flow test and been negative for the virus "within the last few hours" then they could be a little more confident.

"I think Omicron is spreading so quickly that... unless you are living like a hermit you are very likely to come across it in the next few weeks, I don't think anyone should be going around thinking they are not going to catch it... that situation has changed," she said.

Asked about whether the variant might be milder, as anecdotal accounts from South Africa have suggested, she said: "Even if it is milder and, therefore, a smaller proportion of infected people end up in hospital, given that so many people are going to come across this virus, even a small proportion of a lot of people is a lot of people in hospital."
GP Dr Sarah Jarvis told BBC Breakfast that when invited for the booster jab people should "please, please, please come in".
Holy shite!

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Not that it is a surprise you few do not recall, but I have not been infected. I had the shots you are champions of. I would indeed feel better protected if I had some natural immunity.

So, we again have evidence. First evidence was back when the notion I supported of most or all people get a first shot before any get a second or now a third shot. Some of you objected to that and even pronounced you were getting that third shot regardless. Now some wish me dead. I get it.
All the crocodile tears about caring for other people is the smoke screen it appeared to be.
Lest I forget, there was the cheering on for the unvaccinated to lose their jobs and/or not get medical treatment just because they had not taken the shots. My gripe was the naturally immune were treated the same and not given any credit for their hard earned immunity.

By the way the evidence so far is this newer mutated variant (omicron) evades the vaccine immunity. Too soon to be sure of course. It will be of interest if that happens to be the case. It is also my understanding it will take some weeks to get a newly formulated vaccine approved and into production. I have read at least one company has been working on a new vaccine formulation, but it will not be ready for a while.
Unless I missed something recently these third (booster) shots are the exact same formula as the first one I took last March. I watch for estimates of how effective the shots of that old formula will be on new mutated variants.

For those who may be wondering why I was keen on all get one shot before any get a second or third shot, there is a reason. For a number of months, we had a somewhat effective vaccine against the early covid19 versions. Had more people been given the shots the virus would have had fewer places to incubate and to mutate into resistant strains. Those early doses of vaccine would have gone two or three times further toward the goal.

Some speculation. I have heard some vaccine experts saying the first two shots were spaced too close together. That four weeks was unheard of when spacing vaccines. That bit I do not claim to have had knowledge of. However, if true, there could have been many more vaccinated with the first shot and still have a second shot four, five, six or however many months later the "science" indicated.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)

Hello; keep in mind there is mounting information this Omicron variant has been spread around the world far longer than first thought. By a number of months I read in a report. Makes sense as it is being confirmed in so many places now that it is being tested for. Too soon to actually make a call, but we will know soon.
That indicates a very good chance the scenario described above is already well underway.

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda

Maybe the omicron is coming from the Vaccine or boosters

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Man dies after suffering 'very rare reaction' to AstraZeneca's COVID-19 jab in UK: Report (republicworld.com)

“The deceased, Adam Bounds complained of feeling cold and headaches after receiving an AstraZeneca jab. According to a report published in PlymouthLive, he suffered from a 'very rare reaction' called "vaccine-induced thrombotic thrombocytopenia," which has so far affected 260 people in the UK. “

Hello; I know. I know. The reply will nobody ever said the shots are 100% safe. Or perhaps 260 dead is a small price to pay to save many thousands.