Sponsored

Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Think about it some more.
Some fields are small, But , again why you need to know, and ask twice.
I know the reason, and tis why, not addressing that request.

Nice story. Have fun in the lab today. Don't blow yourself up.

1638969941388.png
Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; The crew has been busy since I logged off last night. As is usual the attacks against a source or personal attacks without comment on the subject.
First thing is whatever the newest strain (omicron) does for the naturally immune it will also do for the shot immunity to some degree. The immune reaction is from the person's own immune system in both cases. If the strain is mutated enough, it will not be recognized at all or to a very much lessened degree by either immune system's current cells. That is what happens when an RNA virus mutates enough. It may appear as a new invader triggering a new immune reaction. This is not yet known as far as I can find in current reports.

The naturally immune may have an edge because their immune reaction included all the proteins of the actual virus when they were infected. The vaccines included only a modified spike protein has been what I find in the descriptions. So, the mutated omicron could still have some of the original virus proteins in place. Much will depend on how much the spike proteins are different when it comes to the vaccine immunity still working.

It remains to be seen if the omicron variety will act as a new infection. The early reports seem to support my previous comment, that the new variant may be easier to spread but will cause a less serious infection. Still too early to make a call for sure.

That I tend to concentrate on natural immunity should not be an issue. That has been my bone of contention for all these months. The naturally immune have good immunity yet are not recognized for it in terms of the mandates.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Hello; The crew has been busy since I logged off last night. As is usual the attacks against a source or personal attacks without comment on the subject.
First thing is whatever the newest strain (omicron) does for the naturally immune it will also do for the shot immunity to some degree. The immune reaction is from the person's own immune system in both cases. If the strain is mutated enough, it will not be recognized at all or to a very much lessened degree by either immune system's current cells. That is what happens when an RNA virus mutates enough. It may appear as a new invader triggering a new immune reaction. This is not yet known as far as I can find in current reports.

The naturally immune may have an edge because their immune reaction included all the proteins of the actual virus when they were infected. The vaccines included only a modified spike protein has been what I find in the descriptions. So, the mutated omicron could still have some of the original virus proteins in place. Much will depend on how much the spike proteins are different when it comes to the vaccine immunity still working.

It remains to be seen if the omicron variety will act as a new infection. The early reports seem to support my previous comment, that the new variant may be easier to spread but will cause a less serious infection. Still too early to make a call for sure.

That I tend to concentrate on natural immunity should not be an issue. That has been my bone of contention for all these months. The naturally immune have good immunity yet are not recognized for it in terms of the mandates.
I have replied with direct questions and you flat refuse to answer them. I have also tried several times to enter into discussion with you where we both agree to answer each other's questions...you know, an actual reasoned debate. You ignore.

Your lack of understanding in this area of science is painful to see. Also your lack of practical thinking.

Here is a direct question - How does one determine who are the naturally immune, what their level of immunity is, and what level would be 'good' enough?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I have replied with direct questions and you flat refuse to answer them. I have also tried several times to enter into discussion with you where we both agree to answer each other's questions...you know, an actual reasoned debate. You ignore.

Your lack of understanding in this area of science is painful to see. Also your lack of practical thinking.

Here is a direct question - How does one determine who are the naturally immune, what their level of immunity is, and what level would be 'good' enough?
I asked him that about 3 months ago - still waiting for the answer on that - even though I subsequently provided him with the data from 2 papers demonstrating how natural immunity varies and in many cases is inadequate to provide any protection. He refuses to confirm he has read either of these papers that prove him wrong. This is why he is a troll. If he answers I may take him off ignore but I'm not holding my breath.....

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Not even going to wade into the stupidity in those couple of other EV related threads, let them continue to post pics of a dumb fuck wouldn't even know which end of a firearm to point ... but it is sweet some of them like shirtless pics of that soft bodied halfwit. :D

I'll just post this here, as a response to some "road trip" type comments:

Just took my first road trip in my M3 and also my first electric vehicle. Went from my house near Denver to Rapid City, SD, through rural areas of Wyoming and South Dakota. Overall was very impressed by the speed of the superchargers, even though these were all older V2 versions. For nearly all stops the charging was done while we were stopped for lunch or restroom breaks, and the car was done charging before we were even ready to go. Almost no time was spent actually waiting for the car to charge separately.

Overall drove 1171 miles and averaged 259 wh/Mile, which seems good to me especially since much of the driving is on lonely 75-80+MPH roads and through really windy plains
Not me, but a recent post by another member on TMC, feel free to post over there if you're so inclined.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1638988990265.png

1638989063034.png

Hello; Looks like there was a small and short lived spike of cases recently, but overall deaths have continued to go down.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
UK data suggests 'omicron' cases are doubling every 2 to 3 days in a very heavily 'delta' transmitting population. It is spreading fastest in the unvaccinated, even those that have had a previous strain. Currently it seems an initial course followed by a booster after 3 to 6 months provides similar protection to 'omicron' as the initial double dose does to 'delta'. The booster can be (and is beneficial) if it is a different vaccine to the initial course. Natural exposure alone per SA data is providing little protection, especially if it was more than 6 months before. Remember SA has had a devastating 'delta' wave that only finished a couple of months ago, but a new even more rapidly growing 'omicron' wave is now taking off easily.

In largely unvaccinated populations 'omicron' could be devastating

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Covid is real and sucks to get .I know it was hard having it and being sick was horrible .I feel for love ones and family that so many people have lost.But Fear is what is keeping this virus going strong .No matter what Variant they're calling it this month . I'm all for vaccines that "work ",but this is ridiculous.

Screenshot_20211208-110614_Chrome.jpg

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
And what would be your "master plan" to scientifically and officially confirm that people that have been infected and recovered have good enough immunity to not benefit from a booster shot?

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He would probably just accept someone saying "I had Covid" and then he would say "You're good to go". 😄

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Covid is real and sucks to get .I know it was hard having it and being sick was horrible .I feel for love ones and family that so many people have lost.But Fear is what is keeping this virus going strong .No matter what Variant they're calling it this month . I'm all for vaccines that "work ",but this is ridiculous.
Not all vaccines are perfect ... and some require a booster even if there isn't any kind of variants popping up. Lots of people seem to discount the vaccine because it's not perfect, yet it does save a lot of people from going into the hospitals for care, and saves a lot of people from dying.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
And what would be your "master plan" to scientifically and officially confirm that people that have been infected and recovered have good enough immunity to not benefit from a booster shot?
Hello; The thing is the vaccines are not great shakes. It is not as tho we get the shots and can be free of possible infection, of possible serious illness and possible death. Somehow a known quality of our bodies, natural immunity, is being dismissed for no satisfactory reasons.
I keep pointing out the immune response from the shots is the same sort as from an infection. The shots only trigger the body to act. An actual infection generates immune recognition of all the parts of the actual virus. The shots generate an immune recognition of one part of the virus, a spike protein.

The only part of your question with any merit is how to know if a person actually had the virus. There are tests while sick. There are tell-tale symptoms. There are antibody tests. We currently have to take a test to get on a plane. If the tests are worthless for natural immunity, then why the mandates to have them for so many?
I have the shots and can show a card is the biggest difference. For a time during the outbreak doctors were putting down Covid 19 as the illness if they simply guessed it was present. On another point the only ones at risk are those with natural immunity if they skip the shots.
I and the other vaccinated are at no more risk for the naturally immune than we are from each other. People with the shots are shedding lots of virus.

The question of how do they know if their natural immunity is good enough is a joke at this point. I have the shots but do not know how protected I am. As i stated, it is not like the shots are some sort of good protection. The best I can actually hope for is to be less sick when infected. I can still be very ill and can still die with the shots.
If the naturally immune what to skip the shots, they are no worse off than I am, except they may be out of work now. I have posted a few reports about how good natural immunity is.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)

Screenshot_20211208-110614_Chrome.jpg
The vaccine is proven to be effective - no question whatsoever. The reason for the booster is also clear - no doubt whatsoever.

COVID does not understand fear or politics. It just infects and makes people sick as well as leaving them long term ill or dead.

In the UK over 80% of people trust scientists. The scientists are very clear on the vaccine and what it does. In the UK all political parties support the vaccination programme, it is not politicised here unlike in your petty political country.

You may think it funny to post the cartoon, but if you believe what it depicts you are very misinformed. The ONLY way out of this pandemic is vaccination.