Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Another dumb opinion piece. Not sure if it's satire, though.

So the answer is busses for everyone? Nah, more like lazy humans (Americans in particular) will just stay home and have the world brought to us by FedEx. We need to spend money on VR research so we can all just have a holodeck and would not need to go anywhere.

Imagine how the planet would thrive.
Yep, buy NVDA, FB, and RBLX and sit back and wait for the virtual world to consume us.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Another dumb opinion piece. Not sure if it's satire, though.

So the answer is busses for everyone? Nah, more like lazy humans (Americans in particular) will just stay home and have the world brought to us by FedEx. We need to spend money on VR research so we can all just have a holodeck and would not need to go anywhere.

Imagine how the planet would thrive.
Hello; The article itself stated it is an opinion story. I was thinking maybe bicycles as one was pictured.

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
eMuscle... ha ha ha... I can't stop thinking "WTF". Billions of dollars and they can't do better?

It is closer than I thought... we are 1 month/1 week from 2022...

https://www.theverge.com/2021/11/22/22797134/dodge-challenger-charger-phase-out-production-2024

Dodge will cease production of its gas-powered Charger sedan and Challenger coupe in 2024 in order to make way for the automaker’s first electric vehicles.

Dodge would not “sell electric cars — it will sell eMuscle,” which is apparently Dodge branding for its future EVs. The first eMuscle cars will go into production in 2024.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
App outage locks hundreds of Tesla drivers out of cars | Tesla | The Guardian

Hello; I have a question. Not exactly to criticize, although the answer will play a part. If I read this correctly the cars would not unlock because an application from a distance failed. Nothing to do with the car itself is what I got from the story.
I guess what I am asking is how dependent on outside signals are these cars?

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
eMuscle... ha ha ha... I can't stop thinking "WTF". Billions of dollars and they can't do better?

It is closer than I thought... we are 1 month/1 week from 2022...

https://www.theverge.com/2021/11/22/22797134/dodge-challenger-charger-phase-out-production-2024

Dodge will cease production of its gas-powered Charger sedan and Challenger coupe in 2024 in order to make way for the automaker’s first electric vehicles.

Dodge would not “sell electric cars — it will sell eMuscle,” which is apparently Dodge branding for its future EVs. The first eMuscle cars will go into production in 2024.
Hello; My take has been for a while those new models with ICE are not going to happen. This may be a case of using up inventory that may exist in one sense and/or finishing out the life of the big machinery to make specific parts.
The sheet metal use to be stamped into desired shapes with big presses. The dies attached to the big press have a limited life. They can press only so many bits and pieces before starting to wear. This is only a guess to be sure, but it maybe they have calculated the sales for the models and determined it is not worth the cost of retooling new sheet metal dies. So, with the mandated change to EV's they will drop the models.
I expect the same from most other brands. Pickups may do better.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
App outage locks hundreds of Tesla drivers out of cars | Tesla | The Guardian

Hello; I have a question. Not exactly to criticize, although the answer will play a part. If I read this correctly the cars would not unlock because an application from a distance failed. Nothing to do with the car itself is what I got from the story.
I guess what I am asking is how dependent on outside signals are these cars?
There was zero issues operating the car. That only prevented remote access (i.e., checking your battery from the app, or pre-heating the interior). You could still, without any issues, unlock/drive your car with your phone (BT or NFC) or a key card or a key fob.

Cute headline, The Guardian usually does better.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Some pages ago I was challenged to provide information showing natural immunity is robust and lasting. Found a recent study. They call it acquired immunity. I will include that it is not "peer reviewed" yet so such will not have to be pointed out.
With the study from Israel some weeks ago the evidence is mounting recently on top of what has been known of natural "acquired" immunity after an infection for many decades.

The first link is written. I also found a video I can link later. More than one source to the study can be found if you do not like this source.

Harvard-Affiliated Study of Healthcare Workers Evidences Robust Natural Immunity — rupreparing

zero infections in 74,557 person-days for those who were previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 as compared to 49 infections out of 830,084 person-days for fully vaccinated patients. This study provides strong evidence as to the robustness of natural immunity.”

“healthcare workers that were infected previously appear to have greater immunity—the data suggests they aren’t a threat to transmit the pathogen.”

“The study hasn’t been peer-reviewed as of yet thus shouldn’t be used for evidence until the findings can be substantiated.”

“Importantly the study authors report that independently they found absolute no reinfection among those healthcare workers who had prior COVID-19 infections, contributing to 74,557 re-infection-free person days, “adding to the evidence base for the robustness of naturally acquired immunity.””
CONCLUSION

“The study authors write that to their knowledge this is “one of the fist in healthcare setings regarding continued vaccine effectiveness during delta variant predominance.” In addition to exposing robust natural immunity the study found vaccine effectiveness of 76% against the delta variant.”
Sponsored