Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
9871 to start with the latest.
China's zero ...........
political 100%
Whole thread is like this, Hiding behind a "science" theme.
Absolutely nothing political about my post - purely epidemiology.

If you can't tell the difference, then this thread isn't for you :like:

There is nothing hidden here, just an open discussion about scientific topics - simple

Crashjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 2500, 2015 JK, 1970 Mach1
The ADMINS need to ban and delete this whole thread. Whole lotta unsmart going on here.
While I liked you post because it made me laugh, I don't believe anybody and/or any discussion should be band as long as they are civil. Look at what played out since about mid 2020, people and/or certian opinions were band from popular sites because they did not match the current approved facts, well that makes some people question why they can't have that discussion and does the opposite of what was intended, then to make matters even worse, new information comes out that backs up the band discussion, now people get even more confused because what was once wrong is now right.

I am glad to see some workers in NY are winning in court.

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
China zero Covid: Violent protests in Guangzhou put curbs under strain - BBC News

I can see problems ahead for China. Vaccine uptake has been poor, the vaccine they used was relatively poor and there are a lot of people naive to the virus because of the draconian control measures. As we know there is only one way out of COVID via effective vaccination to mitigate the effects of natural spread. Omicron strains will spread through China (it simply cannot be stopped) and they have failed to prepare by sticking to a policy that became redundant once vaccines became available.
People don't realize their cities contain a heck of a lot more people than ours do... especially cities in Kentucky, for example. KY's largest city is what 650 thousand... China's is over 20 million.

When I was in KY the hospitals were overflowing.... at the brink. Can you imagine with 20 million people?

Can't compare. Can't even imagine the logistics and "hard" decisions that must be made.

Omicron is less deadly so that gives hope.

It can still be a lot of people even at relatively low percentages. The problem is the long COVID symptoms or damage can be different to the initial disease. It does a lot of damage to endothelial cells with wide ranging impacts. You can get long COVID after asymptomatic COVID! There will be a long term legacy to the disease for many years to come.

How common is long COVID? That depends on how you measure it | National Statistical (ons.gov.uk)

Nearly One in Five American Adults Who Have Had COVID-19 Still Have "Long COVID" (cdc.gov)

Frontiers | Long COVID 19 Syndrome: Is It Related to Microcirculation and Endothelial Dysfunction? Insights From TUN-EndCOV Study (frontiersin.org)
No argument there... if only 6% get long covid from the 98 million American cases, that is a lot of people.

9871 to start with the latest.
China's zero ...........
political 100%
Whole thread is like this, Hiding behind a "science" theme.
China's zero is political? Not even... just like talking about lockdowns in UK, Africa, etc. Honestly, saying "Cha-Ghina" does not make it political... people do. People who can't control themselves and dwell on negative/immature comments. People like that should stick to the main forums and talk about wheels, engines, recent excursions in "Mexico" (oh, wait, political?).... lol

Report the post and go on about your business. Yes, this is my slow wave Goodbye.

I'll say your sentence structure/punctuation looks oddly familiar.... lol.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
While I liked you post because it made me laugh, I don't believe anybody and/or any discussion should be band as long as they are civil. Look at what played out since about mid 2020, people and/or certian opinions were band from popular sites because they did not match the current approved facts, well that makes some people question why they can't have that discussion and does the opposite of what was intended, then to make matters even worse, new information comes out that backs up the band discussion, now people get even more confused because what was once wrong is now right.

I am glad to see some workers in NY are winning in court.
There are forum rules, and this is a privately owned forum that sets its own rules. So, if politics and religion are banned on this forum then that is absolutely fine, as that is what the owners have decided. But just to reaffirm there was nothing political in my post.

China have a 'zero COVID' policy and that is what they seem to be doing with testing and lockdowns still. This is now getting pushback from the population for what you would think are good reason based on experience elsewhere in the world. As you say things have and do change in the understanding of disease processes and epidemiology, this is nothing new. What was appropriate at the start of the COVID outbreak, and what is appropriate now are very different. The virus / disease has changed, the transmissibility has changed and there is an effective vaccine now. China doesn't seem to have changed its approach at all however (although the Sinovac vaccine is not especially good).

There has never been a ban on reasoned opinion based on factual information from reputable sources. There have been bans on bat shit crazy conspiracy theories based on fairy tales!

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Absolutely nothing political about my post - purely epidemiology.

If you can't tell the difference, then this thread isn't for you :like:

There is nothing hidden here, just an open discussion about scientific topics - simple
Right. So actions of a countries leadership isn't political.
How much for that bridge, bud?

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
China's zero is political? Not even... just like talking about lockdowns in UK, Africa, etc. Honestly, saying "Cha-Ghina" does not make it political... people do. People who can't control themselves and dwell on negative/immature comments. People like that should stick to the main forums and talk about wheels, engines, recent excursions in "Mexico" (oh, wait, political?).... lol

Report the post and go on about your business. Yes, this is my slow wave Goodbye.

I'll say your sentence structure/punctuation looks oddly familiar.... lol.
So, actions of the leadership, is not political?
Who knew? Last time I checked it is 100% political.
At least to those in China that it is affecting .
Opinions are just that. and your's is "interesting".

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Right. So actions of a countries leadership isn't political.
How much for that bridge, bud?
What rubbish.

I was talking about disease control measures in a country and how they are different to other countries. Nothing 'hidden' or 'sneaky' just how it differs.

Do you agree with my thoughts that China are using the wrong approach based on the latest evidence? I'm not asking you to give an opinion on China's government or leadership, simply what they are doing from a disease control point of view.

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
What rubbish.

I was talking about disease control measures in a country and how they are different to other countries. Nothing 'hidden' or 'sneaky' just how it differs.

Do you agree with my thoughts that China are using the wrong approach based on the latest evidence? I'm not asking you to give an opinion on China's government or leadership, simply what they are doing from a disease control point of view.
Like I stated. Posting political subjects, hiding behind the "label" science.
A Countries leadership , forced lock down and enforced by and threat of jail time and fines. is not SCIENCE. Not on your life.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
A Countries leadership , forced lock down and enforced by and threat of jail time and fines. is not SCIENCE. Not on your life.
On the contrary my post were purely scientific. I'm not hiding behind anything. That China are doing what they are is up to them and I have made it VERY clear that I don't think that the current scientific consensus supports what they are doing.

Enforced lockdowns have worked well from a disease point of view in China in the early stages of the pandemic. I am now saying that I don't think that strategy is correct now based on the current scientific understanding. What are you saying?

Just consider a disease that was more contagious or more fatal than COVID (which is entirely possible) In those circumstances forced isolation does work and has worked. The right to quarantine is present in law in various ways in all countries. The process can be politically abused but it is essential that it is there for human health reasons. Lockdowns are there to save you and others when used correctly - the decision on whether to use it correctly should be based solely on the scientific understanding at the time and NOT politics.

Ebola, quarantine, and the need for a new ethical framework - PMC (nih.gov)
Legal Authorities for Isolation and Quarantine | Quarantine | CDC

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.

A countries public policy, a states public policy, a cities public policy, can all be manipulated by politicians or leaders, but science is science. Politicians challenge science all of the time. That’s what they do to rally the troops and gain votes. Sometimes it works for them; often times it doesn’t. China’s public policy concerning Covid is loosely determined around science, but more about controlling the populous. That’s how China works.
This thread has maintained a very good discussion around the subject with a few posters jumping in to force their political and personal bents when it comes to quarantines, masking, vaccines, etc. I get it. Not everyone is pleased with how a life threatening virus has been handled in their countries. Nonetheless, the science discussion is good and should continue here.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
On the contrary my post were purely scientific. I'm not hiding behind anything. That China are doing what they are is up to them and I have made it VERY clear that I don't think that the current scientific consensus supports what they are doing.

Enforced lockdowns have worked well from a disease point of view in China in the early stages of the pandemic. I am now saying that I don't think that strategy is correct now based on the current scientific understanding. What are you saying?

Just consider a disease that was more contagious or more fatal than COVID (which is entirely possible) In those circumstances forced isolation does work and has worked. The right to quarantine is present in law in various ways in all countries. The process can be politically abused but it is essential that it is there for human health reasons. Lockdowns are there to save you and others when used correctly - the decision on whether to use it correctly should be based solely on the scientific understanding at the time and NOT politics.

Ebola, quarantine, and the need for a new ethical framework - PMC (nih.gov)
Legal Authorities for Isolation and Quarantine | Quarantine | CDC
Whatever you say. We will agree to disagree . Having Family (in laws) that are over there I Do not agree with your claim. but you do you.

Last edited: