Sponsored

San Diego, Temecula, Orange Area (Corona, Riverside, LA & Imperial County)!

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
It's a shame what's happened to Fab Fords, used to be a huge show, and now it's just maybe 20 rows at Irwindale, and feels pretty half assed to the point where maybe they should just consider stopping it altogether.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mghoward74

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
Went to fastfords today. It was my 1st time at Irwindale. 2 hour drive from SD. Spent about 2 hours there.

I like the fact they had drag racing going on at the same time. Ford vs Ford day! A damn good turnout, but it would been nice to see more cars running. I think there were about 30 cars or so.

Fast fords needs to step their game up though. Cars everywhere (some just parked in weird places). Whatever happened to staging cars by make, year, and model?

Saw the new Darkhorse. It does look nice! Has huge front and rear Brembos. Both sets appear to be 3 piston design.

Steve Saleen was there with his new cars. He brought a 2023 800hp, cost $142,000ā€¦lmao šŸ¤£. Donā€™t know the last time I saw anything saleen tearing up the streets of California.

But all & all had a good time with the guys. Ate kettle corn, got indigestion from the kettle corn, saw some nice foxbody builds, saw a bunch of wide bodies (new & old era), trucks and Broncosā€¦.etc

Hammerhead13579

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium PP1 GT
I went too but I mostly have complaints. Entry/Exit/Parking was unorganized and not catered towards the massive amount of vehicles. All other large venues seem to do a better job. It wasn't a disaster but it wasn't great either.
It was cool to see the dark horse and new GT but that was about it for me. The cars in the show were weirdly spaced out and not grouped together very well. And there were supposed to be like 75 cars drag racing and you could watch for like 15 minutes and see the same card come back around....
And there wasn't enough food options for the amount of people.
My favorite car show is South OC Cars and Coffee and I don't think anything will top that in terms of variety, ease of access, quantity of shows, access to bathrooms and food, and every time I go there is a different turn out and I can find cars I have never (or very rarely) seen.

OP
OP
Mghoward74

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
So a few month ago the car was having a hard time starting. Took the car back to the shop to troubleshoot the issue. Apparently a few ground wires were shorting and the power wire to the alternator came loose (You couldn't even tell). Got a Boss 302 manifold installed and was told the car starts even better than ever compared to when the stock 18 manifold was on. Car should make a little bit more rwhp on lower psi. We'll see...

Hoping to pick the car up next week. After that I'll be cruising to the next cars and coffee.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
So a few month ago the car was having a hard time starting. Took the car back to the shop to troubleshoot the issue. Apparently a few ground wires were shorting and the power wire to the alternator came loose (You couldn't even tell). Got a Boss 302 manifold installed and was told the car starts even better than ever compared to when the stock 18 manifold was on. Car should make a little bit more rwhp on lower psi. We'll see...

Hoping to pick the car up next week. After that I'll be cruising to the next cars and coffee.
Great to hear Greg. Itā€™s been a little while since Iā€™ve been to one as well. The weather has not been cooperating at all. As we hit May I know there will be the May Gray in the morning but we can get together as long as we know itā€™s not gonna rain. Let me know when you wanna go.

Sponsored

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting to hear about the differences between the Boss and 18, can't wait to check it out in person one of these days when you bring it to a track :D

OP
OP
Mghoward74

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
Interesting to hear about the differences between the Boss and 18, can't wait to check it out in person one of these days when you bring it to a track :D
Well great News! I recently bought a single car trailer for my business. I can trailer the car up to the events now.....and get it back home if problems arise.

any thoughts on airRide. My friend is saying get rid of it. I don't want to

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well great News! I recently bought a single car trailer for my business. I can trailer the car up to the events now.....and get it back home if problems arise.

any thoughts on airRide. My friend is saying get rid of it. I don't want to
That's great news. Because the only thing worse than having problems at the track is the long ass ride home, even worse if it's on an expensive flatbed for several hours. I don't have any personal experience with Air Ride, but I'd think its creature comforts are nice on the road, okay for an occasional street/strip hit, but if/when you're taking a turn at a couple of G's, you'll probably wish you had a motorsports grade coilover. The s550 just needs a good set of those, a lil weight savings, and a better optimized tune, and it's handing out L's to just about everybody at the track who isn't in a prototype, and with your power, you'd still hand them out granny shifting at like 5k.

OP
OP
Mghoward74

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
That's great news. Because the only thing worse than having problems at the track is the long ass ride home, even worse if it's on an expensive flatbed for several hours. I don't have any personal experience with Air Ride, but I'd think its creature comforts are nice on the road, okay for an occasional street/strip hit, but if/when you're taking a turn at a couple of G's, you'll probably wish you had a motorsports grade coilover. The s550 just needs a good set of those, a lil weight savings, and a better optimized tune, and it's handing out L's to just about everybody at the track who isn't in a prototype, and with your power, you'd still hand them out granny shifting at like 5k.
Maybe you could point me in the right direction as far as springs and what not. I already have steeda stuff.

just found out the car should make around 16xx with the new manifold, so Iā€™m kinda stoke, but itā€™s still hard to believe!!! Right now thereā€™s an issue with torque management. The throttle keeps closing due to excess torque. I had been thinking about a motec ecu sinceI heard about them, but they donā€™t have anything for the 18ā€™s and up. Iā€™m pretty sure you guys have seen the YouTube videos of motec/Shelby combinations..

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe you could point me in the right direction as far as springs and what not. I already have steeda stuff.

just found out the car should make around 16xx with the new manifold, so Iā€™m kinda stoke, but itā€™s still hard to believe!!! Right now thereā€™s an issue with torque management. The throttle keeps closing due to excess torque. I had been thinking about a motec ecu sinceI heard about them, but they donā€™t have anything for the 18ā€™s and up. Iā€™m pretty sure you guys have seen the YouTube videos of motec/Shelby combinations..

Problem with the aftermarket ECUs is generally most of them are one or the other regarding our Port Injection AND Direct Injection, most force us 18+ to choose, a problem that the Gen1 and Gen2 don't have, and the Voodoo is essentially a Gen2 as well. A popular combo is the Gen3 block, Gen2 heads, and Gen1 cams, ridding you of the High Pressure Fuel Pump bung on the passenger head, the pump itself, and at that power level, perhaps sense to further simplify the fuel system and go return-style and just flood the rails. I was looking at a MoTec as well, but one of the things I didn't like is that it seemed that driver support was an issue and you always had to buy somebody's special package, MoTec more or less just provides the platform.

I've been looking at a lot of Link, Syvecs/Life, Fueltech, and Emtron, leaning most towards the last two for price, features, and functionality. I'm liking how the new FuelTechs coming out are USB-C, WiFi, and BlueTooth, and you can tune on the fly and on the unit (instead of waiting for a whole flash) because I think when you get to the point of a standalone you should be doing your stuff, I've had a real hard time finding decent tuners, and when I do, finding time from them is even tougher... left high and dry by two "very reputable" tuners on racedays before. Best part is that you get to strip out a lot of unnecessary wiring and crap to go even lighter, who needs all those wires going to airbags, dash, speakers, windows, etc... I wanna say stock wiring harnesses were about 75# when I had to rewire the whole thing.

Last edited:

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully going to be doing the cars and coffee this weekend in San Clemente weather permitting. Stretch the legs on the Mach. Hopefully Iā€™ll be with my buddy with the supercharged Challenger and hopefully we get his brother there as well with his 1,000 horsepower Charger. I know theyā€™re not Mustangs but theyā€™re pretty nice.

Last edited:

Hammerhead13579

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium PP1 GT
Anybody know anything about this car show? I guess it's every month

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I havenā€™t seen this one before. Right by me. Maybe have a look instead of driving to San Clemente Saturday.

OP
OP
Mghoward74

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
I just got word I might be working tomorrow.

Iā€™m supposed to go get the car today.

Iā€™ll know the details a little later

OP
OP
Mghoward74

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
I know for a fact we have a show like this every last Sunday of the month down here. Chemical Guys host the meet. Parking lot is small, but itā€™s ok. People are nice & friendly. Car washing service, DJ booth, raffles, and I think they have a food truck. Thereā€™s 2 or 3 restaurants to eat at also. Down off Main Street Chula Vista right before palm ave
Sponsored