SALEEN TRIBUTE

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I have some ideas for what I want to do to my Mustang. I had ALWAYS wanted to do a GT350 Tribute car but with a real one out on the streets Shelby's taken that away from me lol.

I used to love the Saleens from the late 80's and even did put a wing on my 89 LX 5.0 along with the 302 decals and the Ford Motorsport decals in the quarter windows.. My thinking is possibly recreating that with my V6. I like th CDC spoiler as it reminds me of the old Saleen whale tail and possibly putting graphics along the rocker panels, change the grill.. Etc. this is only one possibility but wanted to know what you all think :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Stam616

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I also have an idea for a P51 tribute as well.. But was really interested in thoughts on the Saleen idea.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Go for it. Mustang is designed to be personalised and I love the fact we can make them our own :)

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
I say pass on anything that's out on the streets like a GT350 or Saleen. I always thought a version of the old Twister Special would be cool for a V6 given that the engine is in the Cyclone family.

mump_1211_04_1970_twister_special_mach1_twister_and_shout_.jpg

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Lightning, 87 GT
Yeah. .Saleen is coming out too so by your GT350 logic you can't do that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Stam616

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking more along the lines of a tribute car that would look similar to the original Saleens not so much the new ones. Whale tail spoiler, rocker decals, old ford Motorsport decals, number on the fender etc.. And of course changes to the interior

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
If by "coming out" you mean "going into bankruptcy," sure.

REDHRSE

PONY UP!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 401A 3.73 gears, Redline int, all options
"IMITATION IS THE GREATEST FORM OF FLATTERY."
I think any tribute vehicle done in good taste is a great idea.
Go for it!!!

OP
OP
Stam616

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Go for it!!!
Thanks Red, I'm just wondering what kind of tribute lol Saleen could be interesting especially if they come out with a few parts I could use, but I like the dual racing stripes lol which weren't on the Saleens in the late 80's lol it won't be for awhile anyway as I'll just enjoy her for what she is at first :)

I always wanted to do a tribute car I mean I could combine SALEEN with P51 idea as well idk lol

Sponsored

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Lightning, 87 GT
Go for it!!!
Yeah! Like Fobra's and V6 GT's! I've always loved those! So flattering! :D

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Lightning, 87 GT
Thanks Red, I'm just wondering what kind of tribute lol Saleen could be interesting especially if they come out with a few parts I could use, but I like the dual racing stripes lol which weren't on the Saleens in the late 80's lol it won't be for awhile anyway as I'll just enjoy her for what she is at first :)

I always wanted to do a tribute car I mean I could combine SALEEN with P51 idea as well idk lol

Don't do that. Just make your own vision. When you start doing that and adding badges, you'll get laughed at from behind.

Just mod it and say "Here is my vision! " :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Stam616

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Don't do that. Just make your own vision. When you start doing that and adding badges, you'll get laughed at from behind.

Just mod it and say "Here is my vision! " :thumbsup:
Well I disagree. I've seen some incredible Shelby Tribute cars over the years. There's an attention to detail I've found incredible. For me , in the 80's it was the Saleens that drew attention. My 89 looked very similar to the Saleen at the time but I couldn't take it all the way- I think a tribute is your own vision. I'd never market or sell the car as a "real" Saleen and besides it wouldn't look like the current one it would be a tribute to the ones from my time- the Fox body Mustangs. So I think anyone who knows would understand right away what my "vision" is. If I do it or not isn't the issue but I feel that people should do what they want. A V6- GT isn't a tribute car, that's just a V6 with GT badges n wheels. A real tribute car is like taking a 05-14 Mustang and turning it into a updated GT350H or something along those lines. I also have an idea of making the car a tribute to its namesake the P51 Mustang complete with nose art on the fender and other subtle cues . These are just ideas.. :)

REDHRSE

PONY UP!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 401A 3.73 gears, Redline int, all options
After its introduction the mustang considered the working mans muscle car. Affordable for everyone, with endless opportunities for upgrades. It gave a driver a new sense of freedom. Yes, everyone has the right to their own opinion but you dont have to thrash a persons aspirations because you dont understand their reasons behind it. In the 80's with the absence of Shelby and the success of the 5.0, Saleen was the measure of mustang performance... like Shelby was and has been. They deserve to be honored with tributes. Its not like hes doing a Mcclaren tribute (which is ok too...lol). Its much more substantial.

OP
OP
Stam616

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
After its introduction the mustang considered the working mans muscle car. Affordable for everyone, with endless opportunities for upgrades. It gave a driver a new sense of freedom. Yes, everyone has the right to their own opinion but you dont have to thrash a persons aspirations because you dont understand their reasons behind it. In the 80's with the absence of Shelby and the success of the 5.0, Saleen was the measure of mustang performance... like Shelby was and has been. They deserve to be honored with tributes. Its not like hes doing a Mcclaren tribute (which is ok too...lol). Its much more substantial.
Once again I agree and say thanks! You get what I'm saying :ford:
Sponsored