Sponsored

S550 owners who carry firearms: What, and where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
Found out a shield 9mm 2.0 works for me better than a G26. Appendix with my seatbelt tucked behind it. Works great. Should the need arise, it's a fast grab and it's always on me.
Sponsored

Kaw8787

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
18 ecoboost mustang
I carry an FN FiveseveN or my canik TP9SFX usually on my hip. Both full frame handguns. I try to wedge the handle under the right bolster and the seat belt.

Horseplay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 401A Magne-Ride Recaro show stopper red
Glock 43 hip, or small revolver in the pocket.

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
I am in love with my 43, after packing a sig 938 for years I was never happy with the reliability, Glock no problem and shoots well.
Never felt comfortable with one in the chamber without a safety....so SIG 938 or 226 for me.

Horseplay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never felt comfortable with one in the chamber without a safety....so SIG 938 or 226 for me.
They don’t fire unless the trigger is pulled.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They don’t fire unless the trigger is pulled.
Correct...but they really don't fire even if the trigger is pulled if the safety is on.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would be great if Glock would get a backstrap safety (1911/Springfield XD) or even a manual lever safety.
You can aftermarket a manual safety on a Glock but I've seen where people have issues with it sometimes. Would rather get one from a manufacturer that is designed for it.

Thus I have a Sig P938 and P226 Legion. I always thought it stupid to not have one in the chamber, but I also want the added safety. My thumb rests on the safety in the down position when firing so that ensures it is off when needed.

Sponsored

Horseplay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There’s no such thing as a safe firearm; therefore, I’d never buy a handgun with a safety. Safety is the responsibility of the owner.

I’m not sure why anyone would even bother carrying at all with an empty chamber.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
There’s no such thing as a safe firearm; therefore, I’d never buy a handgun with a safety. Safety is the responsibility of the owner.
Like when that (trained) FBI agent did a back flip and the gun (Glock) flew out and landed on the floor. Then he grabbed it and his finger pulled the trigger while picking it up, shooting a bystander in the leg. If the gun had a real safety engaged, it wouldn't have discharged. That instance is where a real safety works - when a bonehead move is made, which happens quite often (check YoueTube).

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Totally agree. I've decided for me this involves cocked and locked with the safety on. Training on a regular basis hopefully ensures no issues if this force is needed. Apparently SIG and several other gun manufacturers sell millions of firearms with safeties so it must work for a lot of people.

Like when that (trained) FBI agent did a back flip and the gun (Glock) flew out and landed on the floor. Then he grabbed it and his finger pulled the trigger while picking it up, shooting a bystander in the leg. If the gun had a real safety engaged, it wouldn't have discharged. That instance is where a real safety works - when a bonehead move is made, which happens quite often (check YoueTube).
Yup, several instances of negligent discharge (Glock leg!). Many could have been avoided if the gun had a safety and it was engaged.

Horseplay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just like you said, his finger pulled the trigger while picking it up. A handgun does not need a safety — the handgun needed a safe operator, and in this case it clearly had a negligent jack-ass.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Just like you said, his finger pulled the trigger while picking it up. A handgun does not need a safety — the handgun needed a safe operator, and in this case it clearly had a negligent jack-ass.
True ... operator safety is key, but as shown by many instances, even "trained" operators don't get it right all the time. For me there is no problem with a gun with a real safety. I can draw a pistol and disengage the safety before it's aimed and ready to fire. I'm not losing any time to react, just need to be trained to disengage the safety on the draw.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.