Sponsored

Rub while going straight vs. rub while turning?

sed6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
I went four square on my 2018 GT PP1 by installing two of the stock rear PP1 wheels/tires (275/40x19) up front with 1" spacers. Problem is they rub, but barely. I bet dropping down to a 20mm spacer will solve this problem. I've only experienced rub while going straight, over big dips and whatnot. When I track it next month I'll be driving much more aggressively in the corners and they might rub then too. My question is, if I cure the run when going straight will I also eliminate the chance of rub in the corners? I wouldn't want to go with a 20mm spacer only to find out next month that I should have gone with a 15mm spacer because they still rub in corners. Thanks for any help!
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You can't go with less than a 23 mm spacer without grinding your studs down. They interfere with the pockets on the hub side of the wheel. Check to see if your fender hem is good. I know on a friend's car it's not fully rolled and rubs occasionally (same wheel/tire/spacers), but his car is also lowered 1.2".

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Bolt through spacers. I think you only need 1/4" to clear the calipers with the PP rears.

What camber are you running? I bet adding a 0.5 to 1 degree of additional camber would tuck in the top of the tire so it didn't hit the fender anymore. And bonus, your car will handle better.

OP
OP
sed6

sed6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Bolt through spacers. I think you only need 1/4" to clear the calipers with the PP rears.

What camber are you running? I bet adding a 0.5 to 1 degree of additional camber would tuck in the top of the tire so it didn't hit the fender anymore. And bonus, your car will handle better.
I haven't installed camber plates or bolts yet, so stock camber.

Anyone know if fixing fender rub with the wheels straight will also fix or eliminate fender rub while turning?