@Shadow5.slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Hypershift 5.0
Hello!
I'd like to first introduce myself.... some of you may recognize my car (Shadow5.slow on Instagram), and I would like to introduce myself to those of you who don't! I'm very happy to be able to post a full in-depth review on the RTR Grill with LED lights http://www.americanmuscle.com/rtr-grille-with-lights-1516.html !
I saw an awesomely done install guide done by Whitemare on here, ( http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58631 ) so I'm not going to repeat it (Couldn't do a better job than he did, great job man)... Instead, I would like to give you all an honest and thorough review on the install, the product itself, the end result, and my thoughts since I've installed it this past July 4th weekend.

I received the item incredibly fast as always ( Thanks American Muscle! ) and everything was in perfect condition, the grill was wrapped in an abundance of foam packing and taped up ( Nothing worse than when and item falls out of the protection and gets scratched/dinged ) which I was very happy to see. Things like this are that extra effort that really make a product. The LED lights were in a very durable box, individually wrapped, and came with Styrofoam protection as well. I was so happy to see that the lights were 1005 PLUG AND PLAY :eyebulge: (So many products say "Plug and Play!" and then 3 hours later you're holding a handful of wires and your headlights don't work)..... Also included were crimps to rig your own set up if you wanted to wire them separately, which some of the knock off (Non RTR similar styled lights) did not include. Packaging was an A+, Delivery A+, couldn't have asked for anything better.

Bad weather prevented me from doing the install in my driveway, so I ended up going to a friends shop to do the install since I'm extremely impatient :clap2: ... As previously stated, I can't do any better than Whitemare's install guide, so go check it out (Link above) for a PERFECT install guide. Brief install: Jacked car up, removed bumper, popped out old grill (Don't break the clips!!!!!), drilled 3 holes for each LED, attached LEDs to grill, popped the RTR grill with LEDs into bumper, relayed LEDs to headlights with supplied PLUG AND PLAY (Yes, it's really plug and play) relay, tested them (worked first try, no surprise ;) ) re-attached bumper, and put the car back down. This is the first install of a product that I have not had one single hiccup with. The install could not be easier and everything fit perfectly. No modification, no struggle, no forcing in of anything, I couldn't have been more impressed and happier. From jacking the car up to lowering it down, it took us about an hour- hour and a half to do the complete install, and this was moving at a pretty slow pace taking our time and relaxing. The hardest part was removing the bumper and putting it back on. Install: A+

Product quality: Top notch product. Grill is very nicely made, no cheap plastic. No jagged edges or discolorations/imperfections, fit perfectly and looks clean. Some of the knock off grills are open or have a cheap looking mesh/chain link fence looking design, and this is 100 times better and cleaner looking. LEDs are also extremely well made and high quality. No cheap LEDs (Which seem currently be rampant amongst the mustang community) are used here. Bright, CLEAN light, perfectly made, durable, some of the best aftermarket lighting I have seen. Relays are 100% Plug and Play, and crimps are supplied if you want to wire them yourself. When plugged into headlights with attached relays the LEDs are on whenever the car is on. You can easily wire them up however you would like with your own ground and relay without a trip to the hardware store.

I have a friend with another brand similar LED grill, and this blows it away. Grill is better quality and looks better, LEDs are 100 times better with cleaner lights, and his is NOT plug and play, you must make your own connection for power. The RTR product beats it in every category.

Overall impression: I couldn't be happier with the product. From the packaging to the product quality, to the ease of install and final result, this is one of the best modifications I have done to ANY car I have owned. I am seriously impressed with this product, and it is worth the money. Can you get a knock off one off of Ebay for a bit cheaper? Yeah, and it'll look 1/10th as good with 1/10th the quality. Can you get other brands similar product? Yeah, and it won't look as good, not nearly as clean, and have cheaper quality/looking LEDs for the same exact (some are more expensive, even) price.

If you're thinking about buying this product, stop thinking and do it. It's worth the money and more, and looks A M A Z I N G on the S550. It complements every front end out there, and an aftermarket splitter + this make one of the nicest front end combo's on a mustang of any generation. Overall grade: 10/10, A+ :headbang:

Thanks for taking the time to read my thread, sorry if it was long winded! PLEASE feel free to post any questions or comments and I will happily answer them. If it sounds like I'm 100% biased, I'm not, I'm just that seriously impressed with the product. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves ;) .
IMG_20160701_111245.jpg
IMG_20160703_144912.jpg
IMG_20160703_145212.jpg
IMG_20160703_163117.jpg
IMG_20160703_211054.jpg
IMG_20160705_123801.jpg
IMG_20160701_114917.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Shadow5oh

Shadow5oh

@Shadow5.slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Hypershift 5.0
I apologize for the pictures posting out of order :( last picture should be #2
1. Packaging
2. Bumper removal for install with grill removed
3. Installing LEDs on the RTR upper grill
4. Finished product!
5. Finished product in the dark with all lights on for comparison (Goes perfectly with factory lighting, quality is top notch )
6. Different view of the finished product
7. Unboxed product (Should be #2)

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. (PP) Magnetic
slightly off topic but is that a repaint on your car or a semi transparent vinyl wrap with chroma shift?

OP
OP
Shadow5oh

Shadow5oh

@Shadow5.slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Hypershift 5.0
slightly off topic but is that a repaint on your car or a semi transparent vinyl wrap with chroma shift?
Its a hyper shift in auto flex (peelable paint) a fancy plastic dip with a clear coat. Can do anything to it that you can do to paint!

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Great write-up, Brian! Can't wait to see the grill in person!

Sponsored

dj_rob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Anybody having problems with the drl not coming on while driving with the rtr led lights installed?

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Holy hot damn that paint. So exotic.

And the grill looks right at home on it. Thanks for the detailed write up, I may refer back to this when I get mine (still deciding).

hedonest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Competition orange 2015 GT
I know its late but great write up.

Just a quick question - does getting only the upper grill with led accents work? I ask this because i was reading somehwere else in the forum that aftermarket grill positionings are different and changing only upper grill will make it look out of place compared to oem lower grill. And ofcourse because rtr lower grill does not fit cars with adaptive cruise control.

Thanks in advance...
Sponsored