Sponsored

RPMS randomly climb when going in to 5th and 6th gear

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hello everyone, I’m reaching out again with a issue I’m unable to figure out, recently after installing a BCS3 transmission I’ve noticed whenever I engage the clutch to change to 5th and 6th gear the rpms start climbing, it doesn’t happen all the time but it happens more often than usual, when it happens I have to release the clutch (twin disk rxt) pretty slow in order for the rpms to go back down and no I’m not giving it any gas what so ever, I’m literally driving on the high away, engage the clutch to switch from 4th to 5th or 5th to 6th and the rpms go up about 1.5k, any help would be appreciated
Sponsored

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
BCS3 = Calimer Stage 3? When you say "engage the clutch" to switch gears, do you mean press the clutch pedal down for the shift?

The Calimer stage 3 transmission has different gear ratios than stock. This will trip up the stock tune and cause that issue you are seeing. The stock tune actually drops the RPMs between shifts to the exact point necessary for a smooth engagement to the next gear. It's confused because the gear ratios are different and you'll get that rev hang between shifts. Your cruise control may also not be working currently.

Only way to fix that is with an aftermarket tune. Or if there is a tune on the car now, tell your tuner about the transmission change with the different gear ratios.