Sponsored

Roush TVS 2650 Backwards Compatibility

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
This is the car that is supposedly doing it, there is a fuel system coming to the market that this car is the protype for the new LT1/LT4/LT5 (C7 ZR1) DI motors. The fuel system is maxed out (not the blower) @ over 1100whp the new fuel system is capable of 2000hp. You will see more videos & info soon. Now the new Gen Mustang is DI & port injection Eaton (TVS) has been in the DI game making big power with smaller displacement blowers for years now.

Last edited:

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Thats pretty much a full retard build. Ive seen the track videos of that car too.

Its a stroker build, heads, cam, headers, port injection and DI ect.

Its a badass built no doubt but less impressive when its fully built mega buck setup.

I mean we got little stock 302s throwing down 1k on hellion kits :lol:

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
This is the car that is supposedly doing it, there is a fuel system coming to the market that this car is the protype for the new LT1/LT4/LT5 (C7 ZR1) DI motors. The fuel system is maxed out (not the blower) @ over 1100whp the new fuel system is capable of 2000hp. You will see more videos & info soon. Now the new Gen Mustang is DI & port injection Eaton (TVS) has been in the DI game making big power with smaller displacement blowers for years now.

Depending on the size of the DI injectors on the mustang the new DW injectors may work...DW makes larger injectors for DI applications...but the most likely limiting candidate is going to the HPFP...might need to go with a cam that has a fuel pump lobe made for getting more flow out of it. We did this on the GM DI cars for years now, called them Fuel Lobe cams...

Sponsored

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Depending on the size of the DI injectors on the mustang the new DW injectors may work...DW makes larger injectors for DI applications...but the most likely limiting candidate is going to the HPFP...might need to go with a cam that has a fuel pump lobe made for getting more flow out of it. We did this on the GM DI cars for years now, called them Fuel Lobe cams...
No that car has both port and DI read the youtube discription of the build.

They can compensate fuel needs with the port injectors and weldon fuel pump.

Pretty sure Ford learned the lessons from the struggles GM had with only DI and likely a big reason the gen3 coyote is both port and di injected. just my own hunch anyways.

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
Thats pretty much a full retard build. Ive seen the track videos of that car too.

Its a stroker build, heads, cam, headers, port injection and DI ect.

Its a badass built no doubt but less impressive when its fully built mega buck setup.

I mean we got little stock 302s throwing down 1k on hellion kits :lol:
Oh no doubt turbo....centri.............................................................
&................PD blower for me in that order.
BUT 418 vs 302 to the side I was getting at capability of the 2650 vs 2900 or even bigger! I think its pretty cool that this little blower is able to move enough cfm for those bigger breathing motors. I hate to get into this but I'll give example, I had a 418 with a tvs2300 it made 798 on e85 maxed out, bought a Whipple 2.9 guess what it made 839 (pissed) same set up maxed out, switched single 88 made 980 same set up & THEN switched to twin 62's made 1177 lol

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Oh no doubt turbo....centri.............................................................
&................PD blower for me in that order.
BUT 418 vs 302 to the side I was getting at capability of the 2650 vs 2900 or even bigger! I think its pretty cool that this little blower is able to move enough cfm for those bigger breathing motors. I hate to get into this but I'll give example, I had a 418 with a tvs2300 it made 798 on e85 maxed out, bought a Whipple 2.9 guess what it made 839 (pissed) same set up maxed out, switched single 88 made 980 same set up & THEN switched to twin 62's made 1177 lol
Its a weird balancing act huh? Most people either.....

A. wish they made more power with a different power adder.
B. spend the money on a turbo setup,and cant resist the urge to turn it up and end hp needing a built engine to support it.

Turbos will make the most hp per pound of boost usually but cost alot more and if not kept at a reasonable level can turn an engine into scrap metal pretty quickly.

Another thing you bring up the 2900 and it kills me to see whipple have a bolt on ready kit for the 2015 - 2017 cars but not support the gen5 3.0.

I cant understand why people dont skip the gen3 and go straight for the gen5 3.0

i mean after all doesnt everyone want room to grow in their setups?

The 2018s with duel fuel and 10 speeds with the VMP/Roush/FRPP setup are going to be killer without having to do much else.
Sponsored