Roush Stage 1 Ecoboost

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I don't like the hood and side scoops, so other than the grill and rear spoiler, what do you get for that $6K? I think i'd wait and buy the parts I like, (rear spoiler) add lowering springs, better sway bars, bushings and shocks. Stick on some lighter, wider wheels and tires, add the 6 piston Brembos and GTPP bracing parts and pocket the $2K I saved.
Sponsored

Jimdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado and R32 GTR
price is ok. Not my style, but reasonable. I can see more people buying GT over Roush RS1. But RS1 buyers aren't being ripped off.

just a guess on the breakdown.
~2,000-2,500- body kit (OEM quality: front bumper, lip, upper & lower openings, rockers, rear valance, slitter, more..)
~400- spoiler
~1,300- exhaust
~300-badges, stickers & embroider floor mats
~2,000- paint & install

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
yall know roush cars are what they are and you'll pay for it to have that name on the back. of course you can do it all, but it still wouldn't be a roush mustang

benfxtx

ROUSH Knowledge Bank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of stangs
I think it's pretty expensive for what you get. The side door vents are really tacky since they don't really add function at all.

The worst part is that they charge you what is it 6k for a few things but they end up selling the original parts of your mustang.
You never owned the car previous to the assembly. If you were to take a car that you had already purchased into them and had them "Roushify" your car, then you would get to keep the pieces they take off. Why would they give you parts you never owned? You bought THEIR car. They are the manufacture of origin on the cars, not Ford.

Its a $6000 appearance package and you dont even get everything with that. Terrible deal in my opinion
This doesn't make any sense. What dont you get with that?

This. Take a close look at the picture on their website - then start reading through the core components list. "Where are the wheels... oh... they're extra".

[edit] its not until the Stage 2 where the price jumps to $9K and then the wheels and exhaust get added. But not the active exhaust system - just the plain quad tips.
Wrong. Exhaust is part of the stage 1, just not the active exhaust smart phone controlled flappers.

I don't like the hood and side scoops, so other than the grill and rear spoiler, what do you get for that $6K? I think i'd wait and buy the parts I like, (rear spoiler) add lowering springs, better sway bars, bushings and shocks. Stick on some lighter, wider wheels and tires, add the 6 piston Brembos and GTPP bracing parts and pocket the $2K I saved.
The entire front fascia is a ROUSH part - the grills will not work on a stock S550. The front fascia is an injection molded part that is done in house and is made from the same materials that Ford uses on the stock parts. Those pieces have to be painted to match the rest of the car. Scoops are all optional.

Do a little research - from the Roush website:

CORE COMPONENTS

-ROUSH Exhaust System with Quad Tips
Prepped for ROUSH Active Performance Exhaust System
-Front Fascia with Aero Pockets
-High Flow Upper Grille with "1" Badge
-High Flow Lower Opening
-Front Chin Splitter
-Performance Driving Lamps
-"ROUSH" Fender Badges
-Side Rocker Aero Aids
-Rear Fascia Side Splitters