Sponsored

Roush kit?

jbuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Was looking at superchargers and really like the fact that I get to keep my factory warranty since I just bought the car.

My dealer says if he installs the kit then he will warranty the install and ford will not void the warranty on my car.

Please school me.
Sponsored

youra6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Evo VIII RS, 2018 Mustang GT
Was looking at superchargers and really like the fact that I get to keep my factory warranty since I just bought the car.

My dealer says if he installs the kit then he will warranty the install and ford will not void the warranty on my car.

Please school me.
I'm an idiot, disregard.

Last edited:

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
OP
OP

jbuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Guess I'm not following.

From a quick glance.
The warranty looks like it only covers select parts and $7,500 seems cheap for a long block. Then adding $995 for the warranty?

I'm on my phone so reading legal documents is tough.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Guess I'm not following.

From a quick glance.
The warranty looks like it only covers select parts and $7,500 seems cheap for a long block. Then adding $995 for the warranty?

I'm on my phone so reading legal documents is tough.
some dealers are more mod friendly than others, especially when they are doing the installs.

the roush is probably the best kit for being dealer friendly. hit me up with any questions or if you need help with a kit, we are a master roush dealer

Sponsored

Bybotie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, HP
The dealer is correct, the SC will NOT void your warranty. You need to purchase the Ford PP supercharger if you are concerned about any warranty issues. Like Terry said, some dealers are more mod friendly than others. Don't waste your money on the Roush warranty, it's bullshit. The blower has its own warranty and your Ford factory warranty will cover anything else. Put that $995 for the Roush warranty towards some half shafts, you'll need them.
https://performanceparts.ford.com/warranty/include/pdf/Select_Parts_Warranty_Statement_2017v2.pdf

Last edited:
OP
OP

jbuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The dealer is correct, the SC will NOT void your warranty. You need to purchase the Ford PP supercharger if you are concerned about any warranty issues. Like Terry said, some dealers are more mod friendly than others. Don't waste your money on the Roush warranty, it's bullshit. The blower has its own warranty and your Ford factory warranty will cover anything else. Put that $995 for the Roush warranty towards some half shafts, you'll need them.
https://performanceparts.ford.com/warranty/include/pdf/Select_Parts_Warranty_Statement_2017v2.pdf

Thanks. Yes, this is the one we were talking about. Package developed in conjunction with Roush but sold by ford.
Sponsored