ROUSH FASCIA NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ACC

DVbyDT

Rumble
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
FYI:
I recently installed the Roush front fascia on my 2015 Mustang GT PP. The fascia IS NOT compatible with vehicles equipped with adaptive cruise control. The new fog light location blocks the sensor and disables ACC and collision warning. This was not mentioned anywhere on the website or in the instructions that came with the part. :frusty:
Sponsored

Thompyt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic/Red Redline GT PP Premium
Thanks for the heads up. I was debating on adding the Roush front facia. There is no way to move the sensors?

OP
OP
DVbyDT

DVbyDT

Rumble
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Moving the sensor could pose a safety issue, the shop wouldn't do it. You could try deleting the fog lamp assembly, that MAY work. My dealer spoke to Roush this morning. They don't seem to have any plans to fix it yet. But they've since added to the item description on their website that the part is not compatible with ACC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thompyt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
I started a thread to Kyle@Roush about the facia and sent a PM. Seems he is not on the board ATM. I am starting to get the vibe that Roush doesn't want to assist the aftermarket all that much. There is too much invasive cutting into the electrics and metal grinding with thier systems. Extensions should be male & female ended in case the owner wishes to revert to OEM when they sell the vehicle.

OP
OP
DVbyDT

DVbyDT

Rumble
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Yeah the bumper rendered my 1200 dollar option useless. You'd think, since they work so closely with Ford, that they would've figured this out during development or something.

Sponsored

Thompyt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
I haven't looked, but moving the ACC sensor to the middle shouldn't make a safety concern. Maybe Roush will add a bracket?

assclown

Warchief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Vert
FYI:
I recently installed the Roush front fascia on my 2015 Mustang GT PP. The fascia IS NOT compatible with vehicles equipped with adaptive cruise control. The new fog light location blocks the sensor and disables ACC and collision warning. This was not mentioned anywhere on the website or in the instructions that came with the part. :frusty:
Thanked.

Sorry to hear, and I hope Roush comes through with a workaround.

OP
OP
DVbyDT

DVbyDT

Rumble
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I doubt Roush will want to spend time testing the effects of relocation of OEM safety sensors. They will need to move the fog lamps out of the way of the sensor.

OP
OP
DVbyDT

DVbyDT

Rumble
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Did you hear back from Roush at all about any plan to fix this?

scarface

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your mom
Having owned several Roush mustangs, being a member at the Roush site, and met Jack several times. Roush tested their aero setup extensively and when a Roush leaves their Livernoise factory, each car has a Roush factory serial # detailing mods and its in their data base for warranty work because Roush technicians have performed the mods according to their specs. Sadly, they don't give that same support to 3rd party vendors or online purchases because of liability issues. Roush S1, S3, RS3 already have the sensor relocated by their technicians, the problem is, if YOUR technician does it, whether he's trained or not, a cruise control sensor is a big safety issue and Roush doesn't want to be liable for anything related to it if your tech touched it. Try returning your fascia to your vendor.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DVbyDT

DVbyDT

Rumble
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Having owned several Roush mustangs, being a member at the Roush site, and met Jack several times. Roush tested their aero setup extensively and when a Roush leaves their Livernoise factory, each car has a Roush factory serial # detailing mods and its in their data base for warranty work because Roush technicians have performed the mods according to their specs. Sadly, they don't give that same support to 3rd party vendors or online purchases because of liability issues. Roush S1, S3, RS3 already have the sensor relocated by their technicians, the problem is, if YOUR technician does it, whether he's trained or not, a cruise control sensor is a big safety issue and Roush doesn't want to be liable for anything related to it if your tech touched it. Try returning your fascia to your vendor.
Where did you get this info from? None of the Roush mustangs thus far have the ACC option. They do not have a sensor relocation in place because they do not have a sensor in place.

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
ACC is an eyesore, why not just delete it?

I wish roush would make a foglight delete and make a matching lower grille.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT