Sponsored

Roush AB/X-pipe compare to Corsa Catback???

GT83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Package
Which catback (sport or extreme) do you compared the Roush AB with X-pipe (stock cat and headers)

- In sound volumen?
- And which for YOU the sound tone is more pleasant and better?
Sponsored

Red5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt race red non pp
I personally have had all three corsa sport, extreme and roush with stock cats and headers. The roush and the corsa extreme are about the same sound level and the roush sounds good but the corsa extreme sounds just a little more refined I would say and you can control the volume with the throttle and no drone but the roush didn’t drone either.
The corsa sport was too quiet for me with the stock cats , it was about 2 notches above stock and you could only really hear it at wide open throttle which I did not like but then again, the sport is meant to be used without cats. When I had the corsa extremes I would always get compliments on how good it sounded as well. Best bang for buck is the roush, but if you are able to get the corsa...just go with the corsa and be done with it. The roush was my first cat back, when sold it and bought the corsa sport because intended to put headers on my car but then decided not to. Then I sold the sports to get the extremes and when I had the extremes I told myself I should of just bit the
bullet on the corsa extreme from the get go. Just my two cents

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Which catback (sport or extreme) do you compared the Roush AB with X-pipe (stock cat and headers)

- In sound volumen?
- And which for YOU the sound tone is more pleasant and better?
I've owned the Xtreme and Sport catbacks, as well as the Borla ATAK. Only heard the roush set up from outside.

Xteme and roush are similar volume. The roush is deeper and less refined. The Xtreme is unmatched at high rpm for tonal quality (that doesn't fade out) and sheer aggressiveness. The Xtreme is easy to control the volume of but it is crazy loud when you get on it. Cold starts are very loud.

The Sport still has plenty of bark and volume (it's a lot more than a couple notches above stock), but it does feel somewhat quiet inside the car with the windows up. It's a consequence of the RSC tech tuning out all the resonant frequencies. The xtreme makes up for that somewhat with sheer volume but it still doesn't have that rumble like a Borla or even the Roush.

The Corsa sport was probably the best catback I've had. I wished it had a little more bite/bark when you're just driving around, but it is dead silent on the highway, plenty loud enough to make you smile when you get on it, but not so loud that you have to worry about attracting the wrong attention while doing so. With the Xtreme and ATAK, I was always reminded how loud they were.

OP
OP

GT83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I personally have had all three corsa sport, extreme and roush with stock cats and headers. The roush and the corsa extreme are about the same sound level and the roush sounds good but the corsa extreme sounds just a little more refined I would say and you can control the volume with the throttle and no drone but the roush didn’t drone either.
The corsa sport was too quiet for me with the stock cats , it was about 2 notches above stock and you could only really hear it at wide open throttle which I did not like but then again, the sport is meant to be used without cats. When I had the corsa extremes I would always get compliments on how good it sounded as well. Best bang for buck is the roush, but if you are able to get the corsa...just go with the corsa and be done with it. The roush was my first cat back, when sold it and bought the corsa sport because intended to put headers on my car but then decided not to. Then I sold the sports to get the extremes and when I had the extremes I told myself I should of just bit the
bullet on the corsa extreme from the get go. Just my two scents
Just what i was looking somebody that have experiences withh all 3... after reading your comment the sport is not for me because I loke it to be hear the exhaust and the word "Extreme" on the corsa exhaust is tge thing that i think that... well it is going to be very very louder than the Roush setup with resonator delete x-pipe, but after your reply and said that is a similiar sound level i can go with it then with the extreme

Also for me, i dont think that the Roush setup is very loud

OP
OP

GT83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've owned the Xtreme and Sport catbacks, as well as the Borla ATAK. Only heard the roush set up from outside.

Xteme and roush are similar volume. The roush is deeper and less refined. The Xtreme is unmatched at high rpm for tonal quality (that doesn't fade out) and sheer aggressiveness. The Xtreme is easy to control the volume of but it is crazy loud when you get on it. Cold starts are very loud.

The Sport still has plenty of bark and volume (it's a lot more than a couple notches above stock), but it does feel somewhat quiet inside the car with the windows up. It's a consequence of the RSC tech tuning out all the resonant frequencies. The xtreme makes up for that somewhat with sheer volume but it still doesn't have that rumble like a Borla or even the Roush.

The Corsa sport was probably the best catback I've had. I wished it had a little more bite/bark when you're just driving around, but it is dead silent on the highway, plenty loud enough to make you smile when you get on it, but not so loud that you have to worry about attracting the wrong attention while doing so. With the Xtreme and ATAK, I was always reminded how loud they were.
So after your reply and the reply from the other member i think that the Extreme are the way to go
Sponsored