Sponsored

Rock guards: ZL1 Addons vs Autofanatic

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
I purchased the ZL1 rock guards when the car was new, but within a month the adhesive that was factory installed started separating away from the rock guard itself. The side of the tape attached to the fender stayed attached. Customer service at ZL1 sent me to Autozone to buy two sided tape to fix it…
My ZL1’s did the same thing. I replaced the double backed tape with 3M VHB and that still pulled away after a period of time. Been planning to replace. Likely to go with Rokblox.
Sponsored

5.2 Symphony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norbert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350,
My ZL1’s did the same thing. I replaced the double backed tape with 3M VHB and that still pulled away after a period of time. Been planning to replace. Likely to go with Rokblox.
I ended up covering the rear fenders and rockers in paint protection film, and got rid of the rock guards.

VBGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2005 CLK320 Convertible
I hope you have better luck with them then I did. First, they did not prevent sand and small pebbles from making there way onto the rocker trim. Second, the binders that clip onto the fender loosened over time and one simple fell off while I was driving. I have since gone to the ZL-1 option and no sand, solid installation and more secure.
I use them in combo with these
https://www.cjponyparts.com/jlt-per...ir-gt350-gt350r-mustang-2015-2020/p/JLTRB350/

mine still fit tight, but based on the two replies may have to try one of the other options at some point.

Sponsored

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
Jaeger Bros here and like them. Perfect match to the oe plastic and easy no drill/rivet install

OP
OP
PeteH

PeteH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Ordered the Auto Fanatic rock guards last Thursday, got notification of shipment on Friday, and they arrived today. Very fast shipping
I'll report back once I install them

Shelbyshakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tried both , Autofanatic is better , follow his instructions and tips .

jalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
+1 for Jaeger Bros flaps.
Sponsored