robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
wow, it's been a while since I've done anything to my car!

today, I finally went down the forscan rabbit hole. I had the laptop out to do some programming on a truck I just bought, so I plugged the mustang in and did the following:

1. disable double honk when you shut the door without the key in the car
2. disable fog light turn off when blinker is on
3. enable fog lights with brights on

I am going to poke around in the convertible roof modules and see if I can figure out where they make it so that you can't put the top down while you're driving. I hate that limitation. If any one has any info, it would be appreciated!
Sponsored

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
I am going to poke around in the convertible roof modules and see if I can figure out where they make it so that you can't put the top down while you're driving. I hate that limitation. If any one has any info, it would be appreciated!
Did you find any info on this?

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
your car looks great by the way

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Just a few recent photos.

Getting ready to start "whipping" this thing into shape ;)
Afternoon-1-2.jpg
Afternoon-1.jpg
Afternoon-4.jpg
Afternoon-5.jpg
From the first time I saw your vert with the Roush front, I have wanted one for mine. But with me living in Canada and our lesser dollar, along with the shipping, it would cost me a small fortune. So I am still just looking at yours with great jealously. :rockon:

Sponsored

OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
From the first time I saw your vert with the Roush front, I have wanted one for mine. But with me living in Canada and our lesser dollar, along with the shipping, it would cost me a small fortune. So I am still just looking at yours with great jealously. :rockon:[/
From the first time I saw your vert with the Roush front, I have wanted one for mine. But with me living in Canada and our lesser dollar, along with the shipping, it would cost me a small fortune. So I am still just looking at yours with great jealously. :rockon:
thank you!!

just get the Roush! What’s better, a Roush front end or a couple of loonies in your wallet???

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Yes. It is not controllable via FORscan. There is a module you can buy and it will let you operate the top at any speed. It’s like $300. Not worth it in my opinion.
Thanks, yes I saw that posted in another thread from MaskedRacerX. Being in Chicago its not like the top will go down everyday so as with you I'm not up for spending that at the moment at least. Also, having a '70 convertible with a top that can go up or down at any speed, I still only do it at a complete stop - so I'm used to it.

OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Thanks, yes I saw that posted in another thread from MaskedRacerX. Being in Chicago its not like the top will go down everyday so as with you I'm not up for spending that at the moment at least. Also, having a '70 convertible with a top that can go up or down at any speed, I still only do it at a complete stop - so I'm used to it.
haha yep! it's nice enough to be able to do it from the drive seat!

Sponsored

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Read the whole thread. Good job so far. Awaiting more pictures.... :like: :clap:

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I patiently await the pictures :clap: :shock: :rockon: :like:

OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Been busy on the car over the last 2 days.
finally got EVERYTHING pulled apart:
IMG_1596.JPEG

new gears!
IMG_1599.JPEG

I heard these shatter if you drop them, so why not give it a shot...
DC228AEA-7095-4102-BF5F-5F8A31D4C9BE.jpg

It's about TIME...
IMG_1607.JPEG

And here's how she sits currently. timing cover is back on, cam covers are back on, and I've even installed ONE of the Whipple parts! Just the passenger side heater hose extension.
IMG_1613.JPEG
Sponsored