Rising Prices

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
Hi All , our brothers in the USA and UK are experiencing price increases and low stock which is probably the main reason with the factory shut down. Has anyone here had a dealer make an offer on their current car or one that's on order. My local dealer is lucky to keep a mustang in stock and new cars are thin on the ground.
i know must of us could make a $$ on our cars at the moment but like those overseas , some who do sell for profit , there is nothing coming to replace them with.
I'd be interested in your stories and your thoughts. Cheers!
Sponsored

El Jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I tried the Carsales instant offer for giggles back in May. Punching in some generic details about my car, their offer was $48k (which no doubt they would try to reduce upon an actual inspection of the car).

It always interesting to see what the market can bear. Personally for me the offer would have to be ridiculous to tempt me to offload mine :) in case you'd prefer funds in the bank account though, I don't think there's ever been a better time to sell.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Hi All , our brothers in the USA and UK are experiencing price increases and low stock which is probably the main reason with the factory shut down. Has anyone here had a dealer make an offer on their current car or one that's on order. My local dealer is lucky to keep a mustang in stock and new cars are thin on the ground.
i know must of us could make a $$ on our cars at the moment but like those overseas , some who do sell for profit , there is nothing coming to replace them with.
I'd be interested in your stories and your thoughts. Cheers!
While it is great to have amazing resale values, however the obvious problem is Replacement. As new mustangs in the exact colour & spec that you want are thin on the ground, and would probably require a New Build Order - which at the moment could be a 10 - 12 month wait, or more, depending on the continued impact on the Flat Rock Plant production from the infamous great Semiconductor Chip Shortage Fiasco. Currently Jan 2021 Orders have an ETA of October.

OP
OP

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
There in lies the dilemma, most of us will agree with you and keep the car but for a few , as the USA has shown, they will take the money and run. There seems to have been a few cars coming through very recently, but as with most brands at the moment, the prices are not being discounted and probably more likely increased due to demand.

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
I tried the Carsales instant offer for giggles back in May. Punching in some generic details about my car, their offer was $48k (which no doubt they would try to reduce upon an actual inspection of the car).

It always interesting to see what the market can bear. Personally for me the offer would have to be ridiculous to tempt me to offload mine :) in case you'd prefer funds in the bank account though, I don't think there's ever been a better time to sell.
im in NZ. I bought my 2016 GT for 70k and sold it 5 years later for 64k.

Sponsored

clive1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible
While it is great to have amazing resale values, however the obvious problem is Replacement. As new mustangs in the exact colour & spec that you want are thin on the ground, and would probably require a New Build Order - which at the moment could be a 10 - 12 month wait, or more, depending on the continued impact on the Flat Rock Plant production from the infamous great Semiconductor Chip Shortage Fiasco. Currently Jan 2021 Orders have an ETA of October.
I decided to trade up my 17 GT convertible for the latest, as I wanted the better safety features, but found when speaking to dealers that there were virtually none anywhere. I started looking first week in October and eventually located 2 that were due at the end of the month but not in the colour/spec I wanted. I decided to go with a white convertible anyway and did get it at the end of October.

I was not prepared to wait probably at least 12 months for the spec I wanted. Now I have the car I am considering wrapping to get a suitable colour. If I do that I will possibly do some interior upgrades to the seats etc, that are an option in other markets but not ours.

Price wise I don’t think I was being taken advantage of as it was a bit less than $80k drive away in Sydney. Interestingly about 18 months ago I went to trade up, when there was stock to select from, and the difference between then and now for the changeover cash component was around $5k more now.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I was offered $75K by a dealer yesterday. However I understand all orders & allocations for the next RHD "Export" Production Run (20 Feb-14 March ?), are all taken, and apparently the next production run is Aug-Sep. This would mean a potential wait to Nov for delivery.

So I would be probably looking at a 11-12 month wait for a replacement - definitely NOT an option, which probably explains the shortage of used mustangs (from up-trades).

It seems Ford are only operating short (3 week) RHD "Export" Production Run Schedules twice per year (every 6 months), although I have not seen any firm confirmation of this.

Last edited:

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
CORRECTION: The good news is It seems the information I was previously given (above) was incorrect, and RHD Production is in fact Continuous from February, and not in only two limited dedicated batch runs per year, and scheduled production volumes are increasing.

From Top-Ghia on another Forum: "MY22 RHD production starts in February for an April/May delivery. But they’re not made in batches. There will be production every month assuming there is supply of body control modules.

There’s generally 2 or 3 ships a month heading our way. I could give month by month production schedules but I think that is confidential information and it’s not my place to disclose it"
Sponsored