Sponsored

RGB LED or LED GLOW?

AASP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Any non-premium owners with either one of these? I'm looking to add the "ambient lighting" effect with these; I've seen a couple of 14's and 15's on instagram with them but there is no instructions on how to install if anybody know how to do it let me know!:cheers:
Sponsored

Edwin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang - Triple Yellow
Any non-premium owners with either one of these? I'm looking to add the "ambient lighting" effect with these; I've seen a couple of 14's and 15's on instagram with them but there is no instructions on how to install if anybody know how to do it let me know!:cheers:
I installed the LED Glow Million Color Kit in my base model. It's pretty easy to install. You can either purchase the kit with an Add-a-Circuit, which will let you plug into the fuse box under the passenger side kick panel, or you can buy it with the cigarette lighter adapter. If you go with the add-a-circuit you can use the fuse for demand lighting and you should be good to go. Here's a photo of mine.
image.jpg

OP
OP
AASP

AASP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
I installed the LED Glow Million Color Kit in my base model. It's pretty easy to install. You can either purchase the kit with an Add-a-Circuit, which will let you plug into the fuse box under the passenger side kick panel, or you can buy it with the cigarette lighter adapter. If you go with the add-a-circuit you can use the fuse for demand lighting and you should be good to go. Here's a photo of mine.
Can you please tell me how u did the wiring from the driver seat and passenger seat to the fuse box with the add-a-circuit, and also in which fuse did you put the add-a-circuit? Does the LEDs light up as soon as u start the car, or when u open the door? and last but not least where did you connect your ground wire? I know its a lot of questions its just that i don't have any experience with these!:cheers:

Last edited:

Brownw01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walter
Vehicle(s)
15 EB PP Guard
Do you think this will work as an addition to the premium?

I'd like to have passenger side lighting to match drivers side.

Will it tap right into my color or will it have to be programmed separately?

Edwin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edwin
Vehicle(s)
Do you think this will work as an addition to the premium?

I'd like to have passenger side lighting to match drivers side.

Will it tap right into my color or will it have to be programmed separately?
Unless ford comes out with a kit it won't be able to tap into My Color. I'm not sure how hard it would be to get both sides to end up looking the same. One may end up being a slightly different color than the other. Although, you could install the kit and then disconnect the My Color strip under the driver's side. You'd just have to find a setup with the LED Glow and everything else operating under My Color that you liked.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AASP

AASP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Can you guys post an installation video for those??

The RGB Footwell kit is easy to add on, and much less expensive than the factory option:

It uses a remote, and has several programmable show-modes

Nick C.

OP
OP
AASP

AASP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
It's nice to see the basic idea, but the installation on the mustang should be less complicated, and apparently the new RGB kits are just a plug and play!!

We don't have a 2015+ Mustang specific one available, but here's the basic procedure:

(Very old video!)

Nick C.

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt 6-speed/ performance pack Oxford white
Hey Edwin, what size fize did U go with for the add a circuit and which fuse number did U tap into on the fuse box under the passenger kick panel?

Sponsored

Edwin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edwin
Vehicle(s)
I haven't switched out to the add a circuit yet. I believe the fuse is a micro 2. Fuse number one for demand lighting should work fine. There should be a decent ground location under the glove box where the heating fan housing is mounted.

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
Alright thanks I appreciate it. I'll bust out my multi-meter to see if it's a constant power source once I get home from work

mustangtaxman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
2017 86
What fuse did you guys tap for the add a circuit ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
Fuse #1 on the fuse panel down in the passenger footwell, works like a champ with the add a circuit and can be used without the car being powered up
image.jpg

mustangtaxman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
2017 86
Thanks man
I had people telling me fuse #36 but it wasn't getting power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored