Reviews on RPG built gen3 s2 shortblock

Srtandsvt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ab
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0
Anyone using it and making over 1k-1100ish whp? Anyone popped one?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Srtandsvt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ab
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0
car is a hwy/street, single turbo setup.

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
i got a gen3 short block from RPG, havent had issues and 1000 wheel on about 17 PSI. I am going to be making 20 psi once i get my boost controller setup. ill see if it handles but RPG said the block is good for 22-24 PSI. lets see the results, still got warranty too so if something happens its ok

Sponsored

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
i got a gen3 short block from RPG, havent had issues and 1000 wheel on about 17 PSI. I am going to be making 20 psi once i get my boost controller setup. ill see if it handles but RPG said the block is good for 22-24 PSI. lets see the results, still got warranty too so if something happens its ok
What head gasket are you using ?

OP
OP

Srtandsvt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ab
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0
Tnx, the car made 1025whp for a yr on a stock gen2 bottom end but finally let go, if the RPG block can withstand 1150-1200whp. I’ll be ok with that, 1k whp is a handful as is.

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Warranty?? How do they honor that? So many different variables that can cause a motor to fail. Then you have to trust whatever he says was the problem. I love the warranty option. You spend thousands of dollars on something and it breaks and you have no warranty, you're going to be pissed. I feel like all engine builders should have a warranty. Stand by your product.

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Warranty?? How do they honor that? So many different variables that can cause a motor to fail. Then you have to trust whatever he says was the problem. There's a guy on here the cracked a gen 3 block. Right on the cylinder wall making around 1000hp

Sponsored

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
Warranty?? How do they honor that? So many different variables that can cause a motor to fail. Then you have to trust whatever he says was the problem. I love the warranty option. You spend thousands of dollars on something and it breaks and you have no warranty, you're going to be pissed. I feel like all engine builders should have a warranty. Stand by your product.
That’s why I’m having him do my long block. Less hands in and on the engine if something happens.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I agree but there needs to be a way to know that It was used correctly. I will warranty a engine if it is tuned buy a agreed tuner and anytime you know you will be wot you log a few things. Like temp, oil pressure, lamda those are the big ones. That way I know that it was tuned correct and you didn’t cause the failure. I can’t just hand out a engine and hope that they have common sense. Common sense is not common

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I had one engine come back with a log from when it was damaged customer said he was at the track and
About halfway down the track it started acting funny and now its misfiring all the time, has no power, dies when you let off the throttle. the log showed it start to detonate like crazy but he never let off the throttle. ( this situation is I my warranty paperwork and not covered technically racing period is not covered but I would never hide behind that as long as they are straight with me ) I asked him why and he said that he didn’t think that he needed to let off with a built engine. By the way this was just a rods, pistons, opg,cs engine not what I would call built. The engine was not a catastrophic failure so we came to a agreement about liability. I covered the labor and he covered the parts and we got it taken care of. Now did I have to warranty anything? No. But the customer did not leave feeling like he just got date rapped and still comes back. He learned a lesson that didn’t cost him as much as it would have somewhere else. After that he finally read through the warranty.

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
That’s why I’m having him do my long block. Less hands in and on the engine if something happens.
That was my thought process. The aluminator is a cheaper shortblock and probably just as strong as the RPG motor but then I have to have someone install my heads and timing components and cams. Still don't know if I want to upgrade my springs or not.. I'll probably get a valve job and I'll probably have lund tune it. I'll have to ship my heads and cams and timing components to Cali since I live across the country. 💸💸💸💸💸 smh
Sponsored