Sponsored

Review: My RHD 2015 Mustang Ecoboost

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Thats a cracking review and nicely laid out so, readable.

So many things are similar to my experience, especially the getting up in the morning and looking at people looking at you! I have comp orange and yes...it gets serious attention.

I will be doing a month review soon on my thread 'my competition orange v8'
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Thats a cracking review and nicely laid out so, readable.

So many things are similar to my experience, especially the getting up in the morning and looking at people looking at you! I have comp orange and yes...it gets serious attention.

I will be doing a month review soon on my thread 'my competition orange v8'
Drop it in a new thread please :headbang:

Rich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6, Suzuki C50, former 67 Mustang owner
Kristian, glad you are enjoying your new pony. She is a beaut'! :thumbsup:

Holf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Euro-spec Ecoboost Convertible
My little sunglasses case thing (just below, to the right of the steering wheel) doesn’t open, but haven’t tried too hard to get it open yet.
Have the same problem on my Ecoboost Vert (must be a Magnetic thing ;) ) - I can open it if I push it in and just push the top of the drawer down (get tip of my fingernail on the top of the drawer and push down as it springs back) and it opens - not ideal, but if that's the worst thing wrong with my car, i'll take it :)

Ozzistang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang waiting list
Great write up - I could feek the excitement in every word you typed .Your review has Certainly helped this Aussie who will be waiting over a year before getting the keys to my piece of American muscle

Ordered RHD GT 3rd March 2015
Build date - unknown
Delivery date unconfirmed April 2016

Mods on wish list - countless !

Sponsored

6g Smoke Show

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
Great choice in car (EB) and color, enjoy and keep sharing!

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Kristian87 said:
The throw is shorter than what I am used to which is nice, however when my right foot gets a little frisky & I've gone hard in 1st, the change to 2nd is sometimes a little jumpy, might just be something I need to get used to!
Just noticed this.

You might want to try removing the spring from the clutch pedal.

I consider myself a reasonably able driver but I just don't seem to be able to make a smooth gearchange which, according to the threads I've seen about this spring, is not my fault.

I shall be removing mine tomorrow so will let you know how it goes.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Just noticed this.

You might want to try removing the spring from the clutch pedal.

I consider myself a reasonably able driver but I just don't seem to be able to make a smooth gearchange which, according to the threads I've seen about this spring, is not my fault.

I shall be removing mine tomorrow so will let you know how it goes.
Keep us updated please, would be interested to see if it changes much!:hail:

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Not sure on the whole Spring thing, I can't really fault the gear change or clutch?

Sponsored

IanisB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic v8 Fastback, VW TD5 Campervan
Great review

Thanks. Best user review I've read. Also going magnetic with black wheels, so loved the pictures, but in v8 auto spec. Gotta wait a good few months as I didn't have the confidence to put deposit down until I drove a demonstrator. Awesome car. I'll count the days!

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thanks. Best user review I've read. Also going magnetic with black wheels, so loved the pictures, but in v8 auto spec. Gotta wait a good few months as I didn't have the confidence to put deposit down until I drove a demonstrator. Awesome car. I'll count the days!
Thanks man, that means a lot to me...it's strange, I had never even considered black wheels before but on seeing this color combo - it just works. I can't imagine ever changing them!

elCostino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang (someday)
Thanks for that great write up, I'm slightly envious!

Magnetic is definitely the colour I would go for, and I must say, those wheels do look great in black!

I've never been as infatuated with a car ever since the Mazda RX-8 was launched back in 2003.

I think the stang really has that "wow" factor and having driven a 2014 5.0 GT as a rental in the US (over 800 miles) I've fallen in love with this car and will definitely own one at some stage (most probably in a few years time when they start appearing on the used market)

Although I would love to go for a GT, as I'm living in Ireland, an EcoBoost would make a lot more sense.

The price difference between the EB and GT here is massive but the absolute worst thing about the GT is the €2,350 annual motor tax (emission based) which isn't exactly the car's fault - we have our extortionate government to thank for that.

The EcoBoost is €16k cheaper (new) and has a motor tax rate of €740/yr which is a lot more palatable.

Anyway in a meantime, I look forward to reading more about the Mustang, particularly about how UK owners are finding living with one and seeing more pics, until I eventually become an owner myself.

Oh and I'm calling "dibs" on Kristian's mustang if it should ever appear in the 'for sale' section :p

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thanks for that great write up, I'm slightly envious!

Magnetic is definitely the colour I would go for, and I must say, those wheels do look great in black!

I've never been as infatuated with a car ever since the Mazda RX-8 was launched back in 2003.

I think the stang really has that "wow" factor and having driven a 2014 5.0 GT as a rental in the US (over 800 miles) I've fallen in love with this car and will definitely own one at some stage (most probably in a few years time when they start appearing on the used market)

Although I would love to go for a GT, as I'm living in Ireland, an EcoBoost would make a lot more sense.

The price difference between the EB and GT here is massive but the absolute worst thing about the GT is the €2,350 annual motor tax (emission based) which isn't exactly the car's fault - we have our extortionate government to thank for that.

The EcoBoost is €16k cheaper (new) and has a motor tax rate of €740/yr which is a lot more palatable.

Anyway in a meantime, I look forward to reading more about the Mustang, particularly about how UK owners are finding living with one and seeing more pics, until I eventually become an owner myself.

Oh and I'm calling "dibs" on Kristian's mustang if it should ever appear in the 'for sale' section :p
Welcome to the forum :) that's insane about the GT price over there, seems we are very fortunate here, it's not much of a jump from EB to GT but obviously the running costs would be close to double! Interested to see how the Mustang does in the used market...I can confirm you are first in line for mine, don't hold your breath though - highly doubt I will ever sell it!
Sponsored