The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Southampton? Sunderland you mean fella. But yes Wednesday late afternoon/evening i'll be down, i'm staying at some hotel in Solihull for the night but meeting Manders in Tamworth area en route ... mini meet?

Insurance company aren't technically aware of mine yet .. cough cough
Naughty Naughty, the insurance forum police will be having you for that ;)!

Yeah sunderland, sorry was looking at Southampton in the league when I must have replied, should know you're sunderland with how much you post on FB about them staying up ;)! Also Bham isn't down from Southampton, brain fart alert.
[MENTION=14295]Kristian87[/MENTION] [MENTION=17691]welsh treg[/MENTION] mini meet then lads ;)? Not sure tammworth is the best place for a Pint haha!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hello folks, thought I would do a kind of mini review - nearly at 7k miles for me now :D will try to keep it brief because I tend to ramble on but there are a few things i would like to touch on...

I echo the Stevec thread - I too am addicted to this machine, this lifestyle, the frantic urge to modify an already stunning car. It has far exceeded my expectations in so many ways. It's summer now and the attention this thing gets seems to be gathering pace. Had a car full of people yesterday waving at me on the motorway on my way to work! More and more people comment, come to talk to me or just stop in their tracks to look.

I must mention the Ecoboost economy...sitting at an overall average of 31.6 at the moment - still very pleased with that. Note: I had been using premium unleaded until I accidentally put regular in a week or two ago. For what it's worth - I haven't noticed any difference.

As some of you know, I had red vinyl applied to my tail lights and side lights. It's the look I fell in love with and although it was strange at first, I must say I much prefer it now - really is a great mod and it was cheap (ÂŁ60 including someone who knows what they are doing to fit it!).

Today I spent pretty much the whole day cleaning it, I also repositioned my plates because I wasn't quite happy with them. Must say, it's the cleanest the car has been since I got it and I feel like I have earned this bottle of Bud I'm drinking as I write! Been our there a good 7 hours - wash, clay bar, wax, dressed the wheels - did the lot and it looks great.

The extra effort today was in preparation for the NC500 trip which for me (and [MENTION=8211]stevec[/MENTION]) starts next Sunday as we head for Lands End. It feels weird that its here - it was actually June 2015 we got the ball rolling on this and it's just absolutely flown by. I have had more fun this past year than I ever thought possible, met some great people and enjoyed every single one of those miles on the clock, well...except for the ones when I punctured the tyre!

Anyway, few photos of the shiny Ecoboost for your viewing pleasure. Few close ups of the red lights as well for anyone that is thinking of doing it. And yes, that's me sat on the floor in my pyjamas :)

Cheers :cheers:
IMG_2651.jpg
IMG_2655.jpg
IMG_2657.jpg
IMG_2658.jpg
IMG_2659.jpg
IMG_2661.jpg
IMG_2665.jpg
IMG_2666.jpg

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
OK, so i know what to aim for now then ;)
In my favour you'll have done about 900 miles more than me by the time we hit Inverness :D
Car looking very nice! Big up the Magnetics...

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to miss everything this year, couldn't do the full trip but wanted to meet with you guys on the way to lands end but will be in France on that weekend.
Sponsored