GEBRONI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'll try the reset tomorrow. I also need to update to 3.0 so maybe between all that it will be fixed.

Yes, unplug that box that was there already. I just tucked the connection under itself to keep it from rattling around. It instantly stopped my digital dash compass from going crazy.
Did you get the file from Sam to update by USB? I couldn't update to 3.0 through WiFi, even connected to my 4G phone hotspot. If did not get it from Sam I will share it with you. Takes a longtime so I recommend do it when you are going to be driving for 30min. You can also do it by hooking up a battery charger then with doors close windows open hit accessory, turn on radio, then hit start again to turn off accessory.... Radio should remain on for 30 min and parking lights will not drain battery cause they will not be on... Had to do that about 3 or 4 times, so up to 2hrs...
Sponsored

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Did you get the file from Sam to update by USB? I couldn't update to 3.0 through WiFi, even connected to my 4G phone hotspot. If did not get it from Sam I will share it with you. Takes a longtime so I recommend do it when you are going to be driving for 30min. You can also do it by hooking up a battery charger then with doors close windows open hit accessory, turn on radio, then hit start again to turn off accessory.... Radio should remain on for 30 min and parking lights will not drain battery cause they will not be on... Had to do that about 3 or 4 times, so up to 2hrs...
Yeah Sam gave me the links so I just need to do it. I tried today but I thing the USB I was using may have been a bit too big so it kept trying to index it. It was a 128GB drive so I'll use a 32GB one tomorrow and try again with a battery tender on it too. Don't want to run my car for 2hrs just for an update lol.

GEBRONI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah Sam gave me the links so I just need to do it. I tried today but I thing the USB I was using may have been a bit too big so it kept trying to index it. It was a 128GB drive so I'll use a 32GB one tomorrow and try again with a battery tender on it too. Don't want to run my car for 2hrs just for an update lol.
Thank you unhooked the stock base GPS and all good now. Took it out as well just pull on it from front and when front lifts the push and pull up from back... I hate pulling the dash trim... Now I have go treasure hunting for them blue clips LOL

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you unhooked the stock base GPS and all good now. Took it out as well just pull on it from front and when front lifts the push and pull up from back... I hate pulling the dash trim... Now I have go treasure hunting for them blue clips LOL

I agree the blue clips suck. I lost 1 but it's far too lost to get back. If it rattles I'll just buy some replacements online.

I did the update to 3.0 but only the quick update. The other one didn't take but looks like everything is working well at least.

I did some driving in circles too after a.master reset. The compass looks to be showing right but time will tell if the lag on maps for Android auto is fixed.

GEBRONI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I agree the blue clips suck. I lost 1 but it's far too lost to get back. If it rattles I'll just buy some replacements online.

I did the update to 3.0 but only the quick update. The other one didn't take but looks like everything is working well at least.

I did some driving in circles too after a.master reset. The compass looks to be showing right but time will tell if the lag on maps for Android auto is fixed.
So lag not spinning map on Android auto? With master reset have to re sync Bluetooth etc... That took car of my Google maps spinning... Not experiencing any lag.. I connect my phone USB and hide it in the cubby under arm rest; but it does happen sometimes depending on my phone signal strength...

Sponsored

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So lag not spinning map on Android auto? With master reset have to re sync Bluetooth etc... That took car of my Google maps spinning... Not experiencing any lag.. I connect my phone USB and hide it in the cubby under arm rest; but it does happen sometimes depending on my phone signal strength...
It spins sometimes but mostly it just lags behind so it just looks like it isn't getting a good lock on GPS. It might have fixed it today with the reset but I will need to drive some more to know for sure. I only drove a mile or so after. Time will tell.

GEBRONI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It spins sometimes but mostly it just lags behind so it just looks like it isn't getting a good lock on GPS. It might have fixed it today with the reset but I will need to drive some more to know for sure. I only drove a mile or so after. Time will tell.
I connect to Android auto by USB and I make sure on my phone not to connect to Android Auto through Bluetooth automatically, only when USB... You can still connect to it Bluetooth; just will not do automatically...
if getting lag while connected to USB maybe, if getting lag connected by Bluetooth then it is interfere with Bluetooth... Since I connect to sync Bluetooth and my insurance safe driving module I do not use Android auto connected to Bluetooth... I connect it by USB... mostly because here in FL with new laws I put my phone away in armrest compartment; also since I have wireless active on my phone for accurate GPS and phone providing the GPS feel better with a USB connection than Bluetooth.... On your phone in the Android Auto settings you may select which connection activates Android Auto auto-start or turn this feature off.

Last edited:

s550cano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
The compass on my Sync 3 is correct, however, the compass on my instrumental cluster is wrong... Flashes correct and opposite direction every second... How did you check the APIM if it was manual vs auto in Forscan?
Did you ever get a fix for this? Mine is doing the same thing.

GEBRONI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Did you ever get a fix for this? Mine is doing the same thing.
Yes, I did not disconnect the stock radio GPS module antenna that is in the middle top part of the dash close to the windshield... Once disconnected everything worked as expected ;-)
Sponsored