Sponsored

Outside tire wear

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I did Track Attack this week and noticed the cars had a pretty good negative camber in the rear. I Also noticed the tires were not the same as my ‘19. The ride a long told me my Sport Cup 2’s are not needed for me.
Whatever they were using had incredible grip.
Glad you enjoyed your time there! They’ve got a great program, that’s for sure.

They use the recommended track alignment outlined in the manual, so it should be -2.2 in the rear.

Students drive ‘18 and older cars with the Michelin Pilot Super Sports and instructors drive ‘19 and newer cars with the cup 2’s.
Sponsored

OP
OP
460Fred

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Glad you enjoyed your time there! They’ve got a great program, that’s for sure.

They use the recommended track alignment outlined in the manual, so it should be -2.2 in the rear.

Students drive ‘18 and older cars with the Michelin Pilot Super Sports and instructors drive ‘19 and newer cars with the cup 2’s.
Great information...Thank you!
I was going to go with the PSS when my Cup 2’s wear out anyways. I was very pleased how they performed on track for me.
This was my first time on track and will not being tracking this car in competition. I will be on track just to have fun.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Great information...Thank you!
I was going to go with the PSS when my Cup 2’s wear out anyways. I was very pleased how they performed on track for me.
This was my first time on track and will not being tracking this car in competition. I will be on track just to have fun.
If you don’t care about every 10’th, then the SS is definitely a better all around tire for driveability and longevity.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
agreed, you can go extremely fast on super sports and they last long and work in rain too...

I wish I didn't care as much about shaving tenths some days haha.
Sponsored