Sponsored

Restoration

Dmustang82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue
I’m just curious, plenty of places restore older mustangs (1960s etc). But, what if, you had a Mustang that was important to you, like a 2001 Bullitt, and you wanted to get it completely restored, are there shops that specialize in “newer” cars like this?
Sponsored

joez3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
I would start with the local shops that do old restorations. Also check out your local clubs they might be able to recommend a shop.
On a side note determine what a restoration is to you? Is it just a repaint/new interior? Is it a ground up rotisserie kind of work.
Not sure if this is important to you but you can get upside down easy when doing this. I did a quick search and found 2001 bullitts going from 6k - 20k.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Most restoration shops would be glad to tackle your Mustang, unless it has extensive rust damage. Rust damage causes restoration costs to skyrocket and often results in difficult negotiations between the shop and customer. I used to restore cars years ago and fighting with clients about rust repair was just not worth it. Too many times they want you to do a half-assed job that isn't going to last because they are not willing to pay for more.

Even without major rust damage, the cost to restore a car like your Mustang will exceed the cost of a new one, for a complete restoration (interior, exterior, mechanical, etc.). I suggest getting an estimate and expect to spend at least $5k more.

I once restored a 58 Ford 4 door sedan. It had some rust, lots of sun damage and lots of miles. It wasn't worth $200, maybe $2200 new. The restoration cost $9000. The customer didn't care. He wanted that car to be as good as new. I thought he was nuts. Turns out he was, but that's another story.
Sponsored

Last edited: