Sponsored

Resale value, what happened???

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
I always buy the base cars. The premium options cost a lot new and yield very little on resale. You don't take nearly the hit when you sale or trade it in.
Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
i dont get why anyone would even doubt your numbers. what is there to gain from lying on the internet? unreal

Kbreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium, Black/Saddle.
Ultraklassic, there's no point in continuing to discuss this with you, as you've clearly missed the points that were made. You are ignorant, extremely immature, full of shit, and full of yourself (Granted, that last part was redundant)

When I see a post with your name I will know to either ignore it, or take it with a big grain of salt ;)

danny0441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt DIB
i can tell you why you got 29k on trade in on that car it has some serious curb appeal i can imagine dealer sold it real quick no problem it just looks really good

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
This thread now =WHO F'N CARES,why would you trade a nice looking Mustang with 400 miles and mods,in the first place,= DUMB!!!

Sponsored

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
i dont get why anyone would even doubt your numbers. what is there to gain from lying on the internet? unreal
I have no problem with doubting at all. I can be a skeptic as well. We all can but to say things like "I call BS", and more than once no doubt, and other degrading comments about me when other people inquire about the deal is where I have a problem. Saying "I call BS" is like calling me a liar.

Anybody that thinks cars are an investment are sorely mistaken. I've been selective with my mods and with my cars AS WELL AS having a very good relationship with my dealership. Nothing wrong with any of it IMO.

My replies were NOT to reflect that the deals I've done are THE NORM, just stating that not everybody takes a bath on trading. That's all.

Sorry about the disruption of this thread and all the name calling from me. I just don't appreciate the "liar" insinuation at all.

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
Ultraklassic, there's no point in continuing to discuss this with you, as you've clearly missed the points that were made. You are ignorant, extremely immature, full of shit, and full of yourself (Granted, that last part was redundant)

When I see a post with your name I will know to either ignore it, or take it with a big grain of salt ;)
And you've been shown you're a fool :cheers:

i can tell you why you got 29k on trade in on that car it has some serious curb appeal i can imagine dealer sold it real quick no problem it just looks really good
THIS guy gets it.:cheers: EXACTLY what the GM said.

Kbreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Totally agree! I got $55k on trade-in for my 2001 Z06 and paid $15k for my 2012 GT brand new from the factory. I'm about to trade it back in to the same dealer for $30k

You guys just need to try harder getting good deals! :lol:

Kbreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That has very little effect. Dealers Basically look at the book numbers relative to the condition of course. They aren't going to to pay $29k for a $23k car because they think it's pretty.

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
Totally agree! I got $55k on trade-in for my 2001 Z06 and paid $15k for my 2012 GT brand new from the factory. I'm about to trade it back in to the same dealer for $30k

You guys just need to try harder getting good deals! :lol:
That has very little effect. Dealers Basically look at the book numbers relative to the condition of course. They aren't going to to pay $29k for a $23k car because they think it's pretty.

You are going to suffocate...............shooo son before you embarrass yourself beyond recognition!!!

Sponsored

Kevin70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Scion xA, Mitsubishi 3000GT
Just checked mine and agree with the OP - pretty painful depreciation.

My MSRP was 45,500. Paid 38,500. Now with 5600 miles has a trade in of 32,000 and a private party of 33,500.

That's pretty horrible considering my vehicle prior to it was a 2013 ram express that got totaled. The value on the truck was 36,000 new and the insurance gave me over 29,000 for it 25 months later and 33,000 miles.

TLDR - Mustang depreciated $12,000-$13,000 in 6 months with 5,600 miles whereas RAM truck depreciated $7,000 in 25 months with 33,000 miles.
But it didn't depreciate $12000. You only paid $38500, so if depreciated only $5000 to $6000. The value of the car is what people are paying, not MSRP.

Kbreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And you've been shown you're a fool :cheers:
Not at all. Your dealer has ;)

He is a dealer that paid you more then the private sale value of the car (which is not a collector) and more then you paid for it brand new.

Either they are complete idiot's...or there is more to this deal than what's been revealed.

Kbreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But it didn't depreciate $12000. You only paid $38500, so if depreciated only $5000 to $6000. The value of the car is what people are paying, not MSRP.
Exactly!

ULTRAKLASSICS CARS AUTOMATICALLY GAIN VALUE BECAUSE HE OWNED THEM! :hail:

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
Kbreese time to hit up home depot, your fellow tools are waiting for you
Sponsored