The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Certainly not a bulb ! Replacement unit. The Fog/DRL housing is held on by 3 x 7mm self tapper bolts and can be removed in 5 mins, access through the wheel arch liner,,,..Dead easy, dont even have to jack up or remove the wheel,

why Ford charge so much beggars belief! ..:crazy:
Because unlike the set you sell and I have on my car, these totally change the appearance to a halo, there's also osram ones from TRANSITs that fit that makes a C shape DRL. the fog hen also becomes an LED with the kits (Both osram and this NAVCO one linked above). They're also so expensive because they're totally different.

Consider this mod like swapping your seats out. It's still a seat, but it's a different seat.
Sponsored

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
S550GT 2017MY Grabber Blue
Because unlike the set you sell and I have on my car, these totally change the appearance to a halo, there's also osram ones from TRANSITs that fit that makes a C shape DRL. the fog hen also becomes an LED with the kits (Both osram and this NAVCO one linked above). They're also so expensive because they're totally different.

Consider this mod like swapping your seats out. It's still a seat, but it's a different seat.

Yes i know what you are saying Steve and good to have something different i agree.. It was the fitting charge that Christian quoted that amazed me..although he was guessing at it i imagine...:eyebulge:

The unit comes easily out in a matter of minutes, and an easy DIY fit, unless extra wiring is involved for some reason..
Our Fog/DRL lens are made by Valeo..and not the best of quality to be sure.

Not sure i would justify spending Ā£300-400 though tbh ..as lots of other tarty things for that money... :thumbsup:

IN FACT for Ā£300-400 i could even take a tart out for a night .. :lol::lol::headbang:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yes i know what you are saying Steve and good to have something different i agree.. It was the fitting charge that Christian quoted that amazed me..although he was guessing at it i imagine...:eyebulge:

The unit comes easily out in a matter of minutes, and an easy DIY fit, unless extra wiring is involved for some reason..
Our Fog/DRL lens are made by Valeo..and not the best of quality to be sure.

Not sure i would justify spending Ā£300-400 though tbh ..as lots of other tarty things for that money... :thumbsup:

IN FACT for Ā£300-400 i could even take a tart out for a night .. :lol::lol::headbang:
It's a lot of extra wiring for the osram kit.

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2
the Ford fit DRL/Fogs are also an option, but an expensive one. It's about Ā£400 split 50/50 between labour and parts as it is a fiddle to do. They're the ones from a Focus as it happens... http://www.ford-accessories.co.uk/s...hts-+-fog-lamps/1875877?model=focus&year=2011

Mind you, I've got them and am very happy with them.
Did yours fit properly? Mine don't. See pics - they leave a gap at front
IMG_5976.jpg
IMG_5978.jpg
. (Ignore the chrome trims in pics - they fit perfectly on the exterior housing.) Old fogs were perfect fit. But the new fogs screwed perfectly onto the three screw-holes and placement nipple - but just don't fill the hole completely. I know you can adjust the angle of the bulb, but that doesn't fix the problem. I've heard of others with same problem.

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
I see the problem, Mine seemed to fit better, but the gauze over the top to knock them back a bit makes it a bit difficult to tell.
IMG_3817.jpeg
IMG_3818.jpeg
IMG_3819.jpeg
IMG_3820.jpeg

Sponsored

Dannyh1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Ordered some Grills from Nemesis UK which should hopefully be arriving next week, (all being well with what's going on at the moment). While Iv got the bumper up have given it a thought to possibly upgrade the stock yellowy DRL's and Side Lights but not sure on the best, cost effective and lasting way of doing so. Previous experience with aftermarket LED's is that they start flickering and die not too long after installing them.

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ordered some Grills from Nemesis UK which should hopefully be arriving next week, (all being well with what's going on at the moment). While Iv got the bumper up have given it a thought to possibly upgrade the stock yellowy DRL's and Side Lights but not sure on the best, cost effective and lasting way of doing so. Previous experience with aftermarket LED's is that they start flickering and die not too long after installing them.
The Ford-Navco ones are good - once you've sorted the odd fitment (I used a rubber seal, and some chrome trim). And they are warrantied for a year.
IMG_6055.jpg
IMG_6051.jpg
IMG_6044.jpg

Dannyh1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
The Ford-Navco ones are good - once you've sorted the odd fitment (I used a rubber seal, and some chrome trim). And they are warrantied for a year.
IMG_6055.jpg
IMG_6051.jpg
IMG_6044.jpg

Those are nice but was hoping to spend a lot less.. May just have to try my luck with some LED's for now.

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
LEDs do improve things. I got mine on eBay for Ā£180 (normally Ā£200 but there was a 10% off flash sale on eBay)
Sponsored