Sponsored

Rental for the week, my GT-H

Deputy 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, GTPP
[MENTION=19352]Glex25[/MENTION] thanks for those pics man. I really like the way they look. Did you buy them directly from shelby? I saw them there and the 2k price tag shattered my dreams. Lol
Sponsored

Glex25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Last edited:
OP
OP
jwhite

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/ROCKERH.htm

It's $615 and the winglets come in Carbon Fiber [MENTION=24179]Deputy 5.0[/MENTION]
I'm not a big carbon fiber guy but I did like the quarter winglets. Something else I noticed with the GT-h, I'm used to parking back from curbs from my Eibach suspension, the GT-h seem to sit very high? I'm assuming because of people not used to driving a low car and having to replace the splinter after every rent.

AvaGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I rented one as well. I have more pics in the thread I posted about it.
image.jpg

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
Just courious, some of you guys that are more knowledge about these cars than me. The hertz GT-H is based of the performance pack, with an automatic,correct? It just hit me that when I opened the hood that it has no strut tower brace,? which is standard on all performance pack Mustangs. So now I'm courious as to the gears, are they the 3.73 or 3.55 maybe even the 3.31? I'm just asking because I really like how this auto shifts and down shifts automatically in sport+ mode. Not sure if it's a tune from Shelby or just the way a stock GT auto drives out? It's been so long sense I've driven a stock GT let alone an auto I'm not sure what to make of it.
I will say the paddle shifters are something to get used to, kids a learning curb the way they work.
Edit; would like add it does have line lock and track app's, which I thought were only PP cars?
I have a 6spd but test drove an auto. Not sure if it does it in normal driving mode as I had it in Sport or Track mode the whole time, but I loved the way it blipped the throttle for you (rev match) when it downshifted going into a corner. Pretty damn cool. If the PP came with an auto option, I'd be tempted since mine is a DD and I rarely track it. I wish my '69 did that back in the day.... From what I remember the Hertz has what they call the Ford Racing Handling Package which is lowering springs, retuned dampers and sway bars. I'm pretty sure it comes with the stock automatic transmission gears (3.31??)
Sponsored

Last edited: