Sponsored

Remove "AIRBAG" label from passenger side sunvisor (EU)

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
This was one of the first mod I did on the car. I followed some US threads but watching the videos, our label is different and, this time, easier to fix :)

Even before getting the car I planned to remove the ugly warning labels on the sunvisors, but didn't know if EU version will have it. Luckily we have only the passenger side label, with some airbag warning. We have another warning, but this time printed, on the interior of that sunvisor.

At first I removed the sunvisor from the car. It's very easy, only one screw.

Then with a heat gun I heated the label and slowly tried to pull it off

It's very easy and it comes off in a snap.
Tip: take more time, heat a bit less than me and try to remove the label very slowly. If you see the donw-left corner, I removed more glue because I started from there and the label is not so hot but only warm. With a mild warm you can remove more glue.

With my mom's help, an iron and food paper, we managed to remove more glue from the sunvisor

This is the result

Looking at it against sunlight you can spot where the label was, but in real, when installed in car, you can barely notice it.

I also tried to remove the internal print (yes it's a label but not made of plastic like the other) But without success. Tried with soap, detergent, and mild brush but the risk to damage the sunvisor let me desist.. and keep it :-\

:thumbsup:
Sponsored

Last edited:

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually who put the interior stickers? The factory or the dealer?

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mom's help : priceless :headbang:
yeah ironing it's not one of my abilities :D

Actually who put the interior stickers? The factory or the dealer?
It's from the factory.

The dealer?? He give me the car with tires at 3,5 bar.. you can imagine how much checks he did on it before! They probably sit inside to see a different car, maybe connect to OBD2 port to switch from 'delivery' mode to 'user' mode, maybe they did a test drive (not for assuring me a perfect product but only for their personal pleasure), but apart of that, they did NOTHING on it.

I am really lucky that workers in flat rock assembled it right, and in the long trip my mustang had to arrive in Italy all went right. Else, every issue would be a tragedy to solve with the dealer.
After about 5 months he is not able yet to tell me the cost of additional warranty...

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
It's really funny to see your mom's work turn up in almost every how-to post you publish :clap2:

Sponsored

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
It's really funny to see your mom's work turn up in almost every how-to post you publish :clap2:
you know... mom is always mom! (don't know if this figure of speech is used outside Italy ;) )

Awesome thread... I might try and order the eu visors.
Just keep in mind, if you are interested in driver' sunvisor, that you can't find version with the homelink garage opener. Since Europe uses different frequency, Ford simplifies that, not giving us the remote opener. Simple!

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In fact my mom also use the SAME EXACT method to remove oil drops or wax (candle) drops from clothes. It works 100% :thumbsup: Tell your mom. I'm sure she'll agree ;) greengrocer's paper bags are valuable.

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
She knows! In fact I asked her "how could I remove this glue patch?" and she "with iron and food paper, let's do it" :D
Sponsored