Recommendations needed around NY - Paint and stripe repairs needed

jamesb1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Hi guys - I will keep this short but essentially I now have a second scratch in the stripe section below the front grill. I also noticed someone has been kind enough to leave an additional scratch (read they took about a 1 inch long section of the paint off the tip of the nose!) on the leading edge of the nose above the front grill. I want to get these issues sorted but was wondering where/how would be the best place to go near me?

I have no real idea on whether I can take this to a dealer (mine has been fantastic so far) or if I need to go source an alternative myself. Your thoughts would be most appreciated!
Sponsored

OP
OP
jamesb1986

jamesb1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Did you move to queens ? which part?
Yeah I am in Astoria now but also willing to travel for quality work. You may remember I got my first scratch on the stripe a while back but I decided to live with it, now with these added issues I think its time to bite the bullet!

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
autonation white bear lake would where you would buy the stripes. They are VERY expensive. Call Mike at 1-800-328-9552. He will get your VIN and supply you a diagram and you will pick out which stripes you need.

The rest is just auto body shop stuff, find the best in your area. Firestarter is from the area, and I'd take his recommendation

Sponsored

OP
OP
jamesb1986

jamesb1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Thanks for the pointers so far guys. My plan at the moment is to buy the BigWorm stripes and then take them to the place recommended by Firestarter and have them do the paint work and install new stripes.

I will give this shop a call when I get chance and see what they think.

Does anyone happen to know if the BigWorm stripes (appear to be the best ones you can get outside of OEM ones from a dealer - and half the price) are a match for the OEM stripes? Wondering if I can just get the one section replaced or if I am looking at having all of the sections replaced in one go?

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Thanks for the pointers so far guys. My plan at the moment is to buy the BigWorm stripes and then take them to the place recommended by Firestarter and have them do the paint work and install new stripes.

I will give this shop a call when I get chance and see what they think.

Does anyone happen to know if the BigWorm stripes (appear to be the best ones you can get outside of OEM ones from a dealer - and half the price) are a match for the OEM stripes? Wondering if I can just get the one section replaced or if I am looking at having all of the sections replaced in one go?
Ask for Gabe(Owner) tell him Veli sent you. If you are going to use him let me know and Ill call him and make sure he treats you right!!

OP
OP
jamesb1986

jamesb1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Thanks a lot! I will let you know when I want to make a move in that case!

I want to price up and get the stripes as well as get an alternative quote then I will be in touch!!
Sponsored