Recommendations for car covers?

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Gooday! My mustang (which was originally intended to be my bunnings shitter) has ended up being more expensive and much nicer than I had expected when I first had the idea of getting it. It will live outside and will be in the sun a fair bit. Do any of you have recommendations for covers for summer?
Sponsored

OP
OP

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
sweet! I'd like the style with the black on the top but I suppose in the interests of not cooking the car, a plain taupe one would be best, and kind of match the house.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I have CoverCraft FormFit for the Mustang and two Falcon's. FormFit is more for enclosed garages so if you are going to use it outdoors or under a carport, aim for one of the WeatherShield's or Reflect.

IMG-8471.jpg

IMG-8473.jpg

dec318.jpg

feb211610.jpg

feb21167.jpg

feb21169.jpg

The CoverCrafts do cost more but the fit is perfectly tailored to the car. I have had four CoverCraft covers now and would recommend them every single time. I also have a generic one for the Jag, I hate the thing.

Sponsored

OP
OP

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Good tips!

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Gooday! My mustang (which was originally intended to be my bunnings shitter) has ended up being more expensive and much nicer than I had expected when I first had the idea of getting it. It will live outside and will be in the sun a fair bit. Do any of you have recommendations for covers for summer?
Hi Peter. I have the Covercraft Noah. For the first year or so of my Mustang's life I had no choice but to park outside. The Noah breaths so condensation does not occur. On the flip side it lets water and I guess a bit of fine dust through. For the time that it was parked outside I think it did it's job well. Being a fellow Goldy dweller I must warn you about gecko poop. Geckos in summer love to get up under the cover and their shit is much like bird's. So moral of the story is to check regularly.

Whatever style you go for, if you choose Covercraft, best that you get a price off Supercheap down at Robina. I did a special order with them and without them even having an advertised discount I saved hundreds. It is surprising actually what they will special order for you. I have been to other Supercheap's though and they don't want to know.

OP
OP

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Cheers, I'll check that out too. Yeah not a fan of the geckos but at least they knocked over all the redbacks around our place...

12g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M1454
WARNING. DO NOT BUY FROM AUSTRALIA CAR COVERS. (Unless you want a sock covering your car)
They are a rip off company of AUSTRALIAN CAR COVERS. (Note the N on the end)
Please please read reviews about this company.
Australian Car Covers are top notch.
8A4297CB-FF97-4464-A4A9-984E1EBE8C04.jpeg
4ADBBCEC-13D5-4995-A570-C210CC76633A.jpeg
Is this the correct website you recommended?

www.australiancarcovers.com.au

Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback

12g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M1454
Well my car cover for my Mach1 turned up this week and it was quickly installed on the car.
Now this is not just any car cover this is the best car cover I have ever owned period and I have a Covercraft car cover for my 1959 Ford Galaxie.

The car cover has being made by an Australian company called “Australian Car Covers” (www.australiancarcovers.com.au) and the chap to talk to is Dave.

My first impressions of the car cover were the package was heavy, I just couldn’t wait to get it open and see what it was like. What I found was a beautiful soft well-made car cover that fits the car amazingly well.

I asked Dave to give me details of the fabric, this is what he said:
“The material is made In Melbourne and is described as a Poly/Cotton Double Knit with the underside being teased up to what is commonly called a Fleecy Lining. As it is knitted it allows air to circulate all over the entire Cover.
It is also machine washable or is able to be dry cleaned. I have covers that are over 20 years old and still in service
”

The car cover is an indoor cover only, it can be made in 8 different colours the fabric seems thick and soft and the elastic is strong at the bottom. You can have a logo embroidered on the car cover at the front. The cost was $560.00 plus freight, to NZ it was $70.00.

The colour shown is school grey.

You will never regret buying this car cover.

20.jpg

21.jpg
23.jpg
25.jpg
26.jpg
Sponsored