Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
  • Banned
Long story short, summers right around the corner and my priorities are skewered, so I figure in August, I'd take a road trip to a nice little coastal town somewhere either north or south that's kinda overlooked by the more popular places (like for Florida, nice place overshadowed by somewhere like Miami)

Figure this is the perfect place to ask, I mentioned Florida, but if anyone knows a little place that they'd go to if they wanted to get away without tons of people going there, lemme know. Open to all chill laid-back spot so long as it's coastal

Thanks for taking a look,

Rogue
Sponsored

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
Edisto Island in South Carolina is my go to. I've been going there since I was a toddler. It's about as quiet as you're going to get for a beach area in the summer time. I was just down there a couple months ago. They are rebuilding from Hurricane Matthew, which left ~4 feet of sand on the main road and hit the island hard, but when I was there most all restaurants were open and the island looked pretty good...few houses noticeably missing on the oceanfront. This is also one of the VERY few beaches in SC that doesn't mind if you drink on the beach, just no glass.

We are going to Apalachicola in FL in July. A friend recommended it to us as the "Edisto of Florida". Nice quiet fishing town on the Gulf.

Litenin75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT/CS
https://30a.com

Nice area in between Destin and Panama City. Pretty laid back and usually not over crowded in late August. Close enough to Destin or Panama City if you wanted to venture out.

Sponsored

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Beaufort is definitely nice for a quiet getaway. We usually go to Emerald Isle, NC. Not too far from Beaufort.

Thundersteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
https://30a.com

Nice area in between Destin and Panama City. Pretty laid back and usually not over crowded in late August. Close enough to Destin or Panama City if you wanted to venture out.

I agree. I live about an hour away, and it's a very nice place to visit. The movie "The Truman Show" was filmed there.
Sponsored