Sponsored

Recommend me a set of tires

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Yes of course. The ECS are dedicated summer tires. The DW's are all season but definitely not for a car that is supercharged like yours.

So, ECS over the DW’s then it sounds like?
Sponsored

Aaron1085

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT - Whipple
Mmmm - I don’t need all season tires, like I said, I do like my Nitto NT05’s …. Just in the market for maybe a semi-cheaper replacement with similar characteristics. I don’t wanna jump to the Michelin price bracket.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
The Conti Extreme Contact Sports are highly recommended. It's what comes on the Roush cars.

Mmmm - I don’t need all season tires, like I said, I do like my Nitto NT05’s …. Just in the market for maybe a semi-cheaper replacement with similar characteristics. I don’t wanna jump to the Michelin price bracket.

Aaron1085

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT - Whipple

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hmm, not sure about these comments on the Continental Extreme Contact DW's, the tires have no handling ability to them at all, car even wallows on them switching lanes.

So switching them out to Continental Extreme Contact Sports, they have 86% more sidewall stiffness than the DW's with only a slight increase in ride stiffness and 20% better tread life and even though they are summer tires still come with a 30000 mile warranty.

I am in Florida, its always summer here and I rarely drive in the rain, a summer tire with performance and decent warranty is exactly what I am looking for (extra $100 for the 4 but feel its worth it), especially to take advantage of my car being lowered and having upgraded sport suspension.

Will be switched out shortly after Memorial Day.

TC
Hi Terry. I'm trying to understand what you have done. You initially went from a highly rated UHP summer tire to a A/S tire and found you didn't like it's performance. No great surprise there even if the Firestone's were worn. You then bought an excellent UHP A/S tire that is known for soft sidewalls and said you didn't like its performance. No great surprise there either. And these conclusions came after a couple of rides in a car that needs an alignment. So honestly do not get any of that.

Now you have made the decision to get a MHP summer tire that although an excellent tire is probably not all that better than your Firestone's. All this for a tire that is only rated at 5k more miles than the ones you are taking off. Since tire warranties are pro-rated you effectively got nothing. And you are staying with the narrow OEM wheels and tire size which do nothing to improve handling.

Just wondering why you went through all of this to effectively get back to where you were.
Sponsored