Sponsored

Recaros in MY19

LowKey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 2019 Mustang GT - 2013 XR6 Turbo - 2017 i30 SR-P.
Hi all,

New member, waiting on my MY19 GT in NeedForGreen to be built in Jan. Might know some of you guys from the "other" ford related forum in Australia.

I've ordered the car with the standard seats, heated/cooled and fully power adjustable etc. I however test drove two cars with recaros and i just can't decide if i should change the order to Recaros or not - they were fine for what was a pretty long amount of test driving i got to do (about 1.5 hours), but i'm wondering what they're like to live with day to day. From what i can tell, unlike our friends in the Northern Hemisphere, our Recaros get power adjustment that there's don't, as the ones i drove had power forward/back/up/down, just the recline was manual. I don't care about the heated/cooled feature, but i'd like to hear from anyone who can tell me what they're like to live with on Australian roads, over a long-ish period. As Australian roads are so bad, several manufacturers actually give us a special suspension tune before releasing cars here.

I know there are Recaro threads already, but this is a bit more of a specific question.

Thanks, great forum!
Sponsored

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Hi all,

New member, waiting on my MY19 GT in NeedForGreen to be built in Jan. Might know some of you guys from the "other" ford related forum in Australia.

I've ordered the car with the standard seats, heated/cooled and fully power adjustable etc. I however test drove two cars with recaros and i just can't decide if i should change the order to Recaros or not - they were fine for what was a pretty long amount of test driving i got to do (about 1.5 hours), but i'm wondering what they're like to live with day to day. From what i can tell, unlike our friends in the Northern Hemisphere, our Recaros get power adjustment that there's don't, as the ones i drove had power forward/back/up/down, just the recline was manual. I don't care about the heated/cooled feature, but i'd like to hear from anyone who can tell me what they're like to live with on Australian roads, over a long-ish period. As Australian roads are so bad, several manufacturers actually give us a special suspension tune before releasing cars here.

I know there are Recaro threads already, but this is a bit more of a specific question.

Thanks, great forum!
I love them my in the Bullitt and its my daily driver.
My wife actually remarked on the weekend that they are more comfortable than the ones we had in the 2016 Gt and we thought they were pretty good.
It seems that a lot has to do with your own size If you were a bigger taller person the recaros might not be such a good match

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
I agree, had the standard seats in my 2016, now the Recaros in my 2019. Absolutely love them, I didn't really care for the heated/cooled function of the standard seats, and the shape of the Recaros is much better. Can't say how comfy they are on a long drive, probably only done a few 2 hour stints behind the wheel but no issues so far with comfort. Driving to Adelaide in Dec though, so we will see then. It's also my daily

OP
OP
LowKey

LowKey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys, i might have to change the order a second time and annoy the dealer again haha. Are the 2019 Recaro seat-bases still electric-movement like the 2018 are? I ask as the US gets full manual movement on theirs so it's hard to define who gets what sometimes.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Thanks guys, i might have to change the order a second time and annoy the dealer again haha. Are the 2019 Recaro seat-bases still electric-movement like the 2018 are? I ask as the US gets full manual movement on theirs so it's hard to define who gets what sometimes.
The switch on mine is the same as for the GT seats, just one lever on the outside edge of the seat that controls distance and tilt

Sponsored

Oz6Gstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'Considering' MY19 Mustang GT, AMG A45, NC MX5
Hi all,

Thanks, great forum!
My experience with Recaros in my AMG A45 and ā€˜Racingā€™ type seats (HSV GTS) is that they will wear on the outside bolsters (from getting in and out). If you can live with that and donā€™t want cooing/heating then go for it. Donā€™t understand though why they arenā€™t heated or have memory as my AMG has these features! Cheers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I find the standard seats more then perfect if you want to save the money, the standard seats arenā€™t bad at all.

OP
OP
LowKey

LowKey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the replies everyone - i ended up picking up a 2018 GT with Recaros in the end, and while i love them, the Mrs doesn't like the passenger one too much as there's no lumbar adjustment - i also find the passenger one pretty uncomfortable. Otherwise, all good.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Got to say the Recaros are great, a lot more comfortable than the standard seats I had in the MY16 I owned previously, four hours is the longest I have been sat in them and still felt great:like:by the way you are going to love NFG:like:
1AE1BA03-1238-4F51-8D68-3C191F57D66B.jpeg
D2419EA7-6307-4240-AF7F-6DCE665C2D35.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
LowKey

LowKey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks mate - i mentioned in post #8 that i ended up buying a 2018 GT with Recaros, loving them so far. Order for the NFG car was cancelled. Might look at a 2020 when they come out, hopefully the green will still be available.

noboot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saf
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
Might look at a 2020 when they come out, hopefully the green will still be available.
I think it will be a limited run colour much like Grabber Blue.