Recaro Airbag 18 GT

BoostKing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
18 S550 5.0, 22 F150 Tremor, 22 Expedition Stealth
Hey everyone. I've been reading for days but I'm still running into dead ends so I'm reaching out. I just picked up a new to me 2018 GT A10. From what I can tell, the car had normal bucket seats originally and the previous owner put in 15-17 Recaro's. I like the seats, but the airbag light is on of course.

I have read everything from you can put a resistor in, to putting 18+ bladders in. I dont know what to do. Has anyone sucessfully put 15-17 Recaro seats in your 18-19 Mustang and got the airbag situation under control?

I am versed in Forscan programming if anyone has any leads. I do have an error in Forscan that I cannot clear, so I assume it has something to do with the seats.

===RCM DTC B00A0:4A-8B===
Code: B00A0 - Occupant Classification System

Additional Fault Symptom:
- Incorrect Component Installed

- DTC Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is On for this DTC

Module: Restraint Control Module

===END RCM DTC B00A0:4A-8B===

All connections and harnesses have been checked and look to be connected correctly. I also read that its possible the connector is the same however the pinout is different? Any leads would be great thank you!
Sponsored

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Something to do with the airbag bladder in the seat bottom is different I think.

OP
OP
BoostKing

BoostKing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
From what I can tell, I should have the 2018 OCSM and OCS bladder (JR3B-603B16-AC) installed in the passenger seat only and that is all. I guess that make sense because you cannot drive the car from just the passenger side so it would only need to know if there is a passenger in the car.

Anyone agree?

This thread seems to confirm.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...a-19-fit-in-a-16-premium.153995/#post-3146151

OP
OP
BoostKing

BoostKing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I ordered an 18-19 passenger side bladder/sensor JR3B-603B16-AC. I will let everyone know how that turns out on my car when I get it installed.

OP
OP
BoostKing

BoostKing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
So the OCS/seat bladder arrived. I unplugged the old one and plugged this one in (not installed), and started the car.

It worked! The air bag light went off. I didn't even do the OCS reset yet (I may still do with Forscan).
So to confirm, I bought an 18-19 ( JR3B-603B16-AC ) and this resolved my issue. I just need to take the seat apart and actually install it.

That said, I will have a perfectly good condition 15-17 bladder/OCS module for sale soon. Hopefully someone who has done this swap is looking for one. I know I could not find one on any of the Ford websites and got lucky finding just one of them on eBay. I'll just sell it for what the 18-19 cost me. I'm sure there are lots of folks with the same issue.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BoostKing

BoostKing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Final Update - Installed the bladder in the seat today. Took all of 45 minutes. really was not bad at all.

New bladder is working, airbag light is off, and pressure in the seat switches on the airbag. Good to go!

Realism

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Final Update - Installed the bladder in the seat today. Took all of 45 minutes. really was not bad at all.

New bladder is working, airbag light is off, and pressure in the seat switches on the airbag. Good to go!
Hey quick question. I have a 2017 mustang that had base seats. I bought premium seats out of a 2016. So should the bladder or whatever be the same and all i have to do is change the sensors? And is it also only for the passenger side that i have to change? Thanks in advance!

Duhitsav8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angel
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
So the OCS/seat bladder arrived. I unplugged the old one and plugged this one in (not installed), and started the car.

It worked! The air bag light went off. I didn't even do the OCS reset yet (I may still do with Forscan).
So to confirm, I bought an 18-19 ( JR3B-603B16-AC ) and this resolved my issue. I just need to take the seat apart and actually install it.

That said, I will have a perfectly good condition 15-17 bladder/OCS module for sale soon. Hopefully someone who has done this swap is looking for one. I know I could not find one on any of the Ford websites and got lucky finding just one of them on eBay. I'll just sell it for what the 18-19 cost me. I'm sure there are lots of folks with the same issue.
Do you remember the part # for the 15-17 I’m currently looking for a recaro bladder

OP
OP
BoostKing

BoostKing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Damn. I literally just sold it last week. I'll see if when he gets it he can shoot me the part number.
Sponsored