Recall work in Columbia, MD

thehygienist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
IRISH
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
I called the local Apple Ford dealership and they said "we've done a bunch" of the oil cooler tube recalls. Just wondering if anyone on the forum had theirs done there and how it went.
Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I haven't used them, but can vouch for Koons Baltimore Ford's service department. They done quite a few without issue, including my GT350.

Last edited:

macroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pkg.
I don't want to bust on Koon's as everyone was very nice. But I had mine there about three weeks ago for the recall work...

Earlier last week, I noticed a gap between the splitter side piece (passenger side). Upon further inspection, They didn't put back 1/2 of the bolts for the side pieces. There are supposed to be 3 on each side. Driver side is missing one, and the passenger side is missing two. At first, I thought maybe they fell out because they weren't torqued correctly. Of course, that wasn't the case as the clips weren't even there.

Not very happy as it looks like the side pieces go on first before the (PIA) middle piece. I'm still torn between bringing it back and just doing it myself. One is less effort, the other will put me at peace more.

I guess if you are going to take it there, ask if they'll let you inspect it before they lower it off of the lift.

OP
OP
thehygienist

thehygienist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
IRISH
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
That's the kind of feedback I need. So much incompetence out there and I don't have a lift at home and don't have all day to babysit either.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I don't want to bust on Koon's as everyone was very nice. But I had mine there about three weeks ago for the recall work...

Earlier last week, I noticed a gap between the splitter side piece (passenger side). Upon further inspection, They didn't put back 1/2 of the bolts for the side pieces. There are supposed to be 3 on each side. Driver side is missing one, and the passenger side is missing two. At first, I thought maybe they fell out because they weren't torqued correctly. Of course, that wasn't the case as the clips weren't even there.

Not very happy as it looks like the side pieces go on first before the (PIA) middle piece. I'm still torn between bringing it back and just doing it myself. One is less effort, the other will put me at peace more.

I guess if you are going to take it there, ask if they'll let you inspect it before they lower it off of the lift.
I just double checked mine and I'm not missing any bolts so it's disappointing to hear about yours. Just out of curiosity, did you check prior to the service to confirm the dealer you purchased the car form actually installed it with all the bolts? Ticia Dy who runs the service department will make it right if you reach out to her.

That's the kind of feedback I need. So much incompetence out there and I don't have a lift at home and don't have all day to babysit either.
You don't need to babysit them. It takes two seconds to get on a knee and look under the front splitter, no lift required.

Last edited:

Sponsored

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Just stay far away from Al Packer. Bad service and sales.

My first oil change was free done by Koons. They did not do the splitter right according to the dealer I took it to in Northern VA on the next oil change.

The NOVA dealer did me right. Their sales staff is lacking, but service is mostly on point.

:cheers:

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Just stay far away from Al Packer. Bad service and sales.

My first oil change was free done by Koons. They did not do the splitter right according to the dealer I took it to in Northern VA on the next oil change.

The NOVA dealer did me right. Their sales staff is lacking, but service is mostly on point.

Since you're down in VA was it the Sterling or Falls Church Koons Ford location? They have multiple Ford stores so it is good to call out the location. Just to add some clarity around the locations.

Koons Baltimore Ford - MD
Koons Silver Spring Ford - MD
Koons Sterling Ford - VA
Koons Falls Church Ford -VA

Koons Annapolis Ford - MD is owned by another Koons family member and not affiliated with the main Koons organization, they're terrible so stay away

Even though Al Packer did me a solid selling my first GT350 to me for MSRP they're hit or miss at best.

Last edited:

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Since you're down in VA was it the Sterling or Falls Church Koons Ford location? Since they have a ton of different Ford stores its good to call out the location.
Falls church messed up my splitter. I called them about my recall and to ask how many they had done. They were clueless. I did get MSRP from them on my GT350 when no one else would.

I ended up going with Jerry's Ford in Leesburg. They only have one guy allowed to touch Shelby's. He is highly regarded.

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
Do not use Falls Church. Find my recent post in the recall forum.

Sponsored

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
How about Ted Britt Chantilly? Anyone have experience with them for the recall?

I bought my Shelby from them and have done all of my oil changes with them, so far no issues.

macroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pkg.
I just double checked mine and I'm not missing any bolts so it's disappointing to hear about yours. Just out of curiosity, did you check prior to the service to confirm the dealer you purchased the car form actually installed it with all the bolts? Ticia Dy who runs the service department will make it right if you reach out to her.

You don't need to babysit them. It takes two seconds to get on a knee and look under the front splitter, no lift required.
I did not specifically look before the service. But I feel that I've been underneath the car enough times to have noticed. Also - I'd expect a call if they had noticed something missing. We're talking a few dollars in parts at the most. I wouldn't even have questioned it if they just charged me for them.

In the end, this isn't just an oversight. I see this as a conscious decision to not finish the job or correct something. And as a result, I have no reason to trust them.

hacktracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
They did mine. They said I was the 2nd one they did. Seems fine so far. No dealer installed scratches.

I checked the oil while there and it was just a sliver over the minimum mark and the service writer said, "exactly where it needs to be". I didn't understand being so cheap on the oil, but I'm due to change my oil anyway.

OP
OP
thehygienist

thehygienist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
IRISH
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
FWIW, I got it done at Apple Ford yesterday. They did the job right, and they also found 4 screws were missing from my splitter install at the original dealership but charged me $16 for the friggin' screws. They say they've done about 12 or so recall oil hose installs. It took about 3 hours with an oil change. Recommended. Oil change cost me $19.45 for the change, $134.40 for 10 quarts oil, and $43.81 for the filter! Total $197.66 for an oil change, what a rip-off.

And yes, I will change my own oil from here out.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
FWIW, I got it done at Apple Ford yesterday. They did the job right, and they also found 4 screws were missing from my splitter install at the original dealership but charged me $16 for the friggin' screws. They say they've done about 12 or so recall oil hose installs. It took about 3 hours with an oil change. Recommended. Oil change cost me $19.45 for the change, $134.40 for 10 quarts oil, and $43.81 for the filter! Total $197.66 for an oil change, what a rip-off.

And yes, I will change my own oil from here out.
Yeah they ripped you off bad on the oil change. The total price on my oil change with filter at Koons was $135. I had them price match the oil filter with a couple of Ford dealers online.
Sponsored