Sponsored

Rear Speaker Roll-off (pre or post-amp?)

Gronk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium w/PP
Can anyone confirm the lack of bass from the rear deck speakers is done by DSP in the head unit or the Shaker amp? I have the 9-speaker system in my 2016 GT and was planning on tapping the line level signals from the amp input Molex connector with RCA adapters and feeding to a 5-channel amp to power my JBL GTO series front and rear speakers I'm installing but want full range in the rear 638's if possible. I'm installing 628's/329's in the doors.

I was planning on using Molex connectors and soldering the 4 RCA adapters to the pins on the amp input connector and then bringing amp outputs back to the factory Molex speaker connections near the factory amp up front.

I'll add 10" sub in trunk at some point as well.
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I think it's just shitty speakers.

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
im tapped into the rear speakers and i dont notice any.

OP
OP

Gronk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium w/PP
Using my iPhone I simply streamed some audio test signals online with fade set to full rear and anything below 500 Hz is just non existent from the rears

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Yes.. you have a premium.. so grab your signal directly behind the radio or the input at the amp.. it is a low level full range output.. works great..

Sponsored

OP
OP

Gronk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium w/PP
Yes.. you have a premium.. so grab your signal directly behind the radio or the input at the amp.. it is a low level full range output.. works great..
I already have sync 3 and factory navigation. Anyway to just retune the rear line outs to full range or is that in the amp?

I have replaced my rear speakers with the 638's and the fronts with 628's and the 3.5" mids with 329's. I disconnected the A-piller tweeters to avoid impedance mismatch due to running in parallel with the mids. Sounds great except for lack of bass in rear.

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
I already have sync 3 and factory navigation. Anyway to just retune the rear line outs to full range or is that in the amp?

I have replaced my rear speakers with the 638's and the fronts with 628's and the 3.5" mids with 329's. I disconnected the A-piller tweeters to avoid impedance mismatch due to running in parallel with the mids. Sounds great except for lack of bass in rear.
I know you have that.. I said you have a premium.. I was telling you to grab the rear from behind the radio.. it is a low-level output.. and full range.. you have no roll off if you grab it there.

You should grab front and rear from the output of the radio.. or the input of the amp.. which ever is easier to grab..

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
I know you have that.. I said you have a premium.. I was telling you to grab the rear from behind the radio.. it is a low-level output.. and full range.. you have no roll off if you grab it there.

You should grab front and rear from the output of the radio.. or the input of the amp.. which ever is easier to grab..
I picked up my signal for my sub off the rear speakers and the bass seems to struggle, sounds good down at lower volume but doesn't seem to ramp up with increased volume it kind of fades away? I'm guessing that's roll off?
Is there a wiring diagram anywhere for grabbing signal off the back of the head unit?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Generally, if there's an amp, it occurs in the amp (within which occurs special processing for the "special" stereo).
Sponsored