Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Hi! :)

I'm sure this information is on this page, but I've been reading for hours and I'm not finding the clarity I want.

I have a 2016 ecoboost convertible. Nothing but some stereo upgrades has been done to the car. I have about $1200(ish) that I can spend on a "perk up" (I'm quite aware that I'm not getting a GT killer for that much! lol)

I don't want to get real crazy, but I would like a bit more snap in the car. I'm looking for a kit, something along the lines of inlet/exhaust/tune upgrade that will add a satisfying amount of power in the lower/mid range like from ~2500 to ~5000 rpm.

I looked at the Roush Phase 2 kit, which has impressive numbers in the ad, but it looks like that big RWHP jump of 60hp is all at about 6500, where I will rarely, if ever be. The chart on it looks pretty mundane at the lower end (but I'm far from expert at translating the graphs to "seat of the pants feel")

After all this rambling --
What are the best options for a simple upgrade of that nature?
  • ~ $1200.00
  • Safe for engine (I know any upgrade adds strain, but some are illl advised)
  • gains in the 2500 to 5000 rpm band
Sponsored

OP
OP
panhandler62

panhandler62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That actually looks more like about $4000, but the Ford Performance kit looks like it might achieve gains in a more useful band than the Roush kit.

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
$4000? I guess I did overprice it by $600. But i got my parts all online @ the following prices.

Procal - $500 Levittownford
Mishimoto Catback - $650
GarretIC - $550

IMO if you really want to save money, wait for major holidays or sales where its 15-25% off products. Utilize promos and coupon codes, youll end up saving thousands on car modifications

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost (Ingot Silver)
Yeah get the FP kit, It changes the car entirely. Get to keep your warranty too. I recently had to switch back to the stock tune for 2 days after some warranty work and i forgot how god damn slow the stock tune is. FP tune is dramatic, Its not gonna be as aggressive as a good 93 tune but its a damn good in between.

Sponsored

jonrjen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Premium GT, 2013 Taurus SHO, F-350 Crewcab FX4 Lariat 4x4
I just received my Ford Performance Kit from Levittown Ford yesterday cost delivered was $511 with free shipping code from contacting them via the Supporting Vendor contact forum.
Now I sill need to burn out the remainder of the original dealer supplied low octane fuel before I can have it installed.

I also ordered the strut and cowl brace kit from Levittown, $148 with free code shipping. Downside is it is on backorder until July. Upside is Levittown beat all other prices online that I could find. However, I don't believe that this same tower/cowl brace fits the convertible model Mustang.

The above will give me some added HP/TQ and handling along with warranty coverage.

I think I will go ahead and pop on the Rev9 catback polished stainless steel exhaust @$348 delivered.

Even with adding the exhaust to the mix, I will be just over the $1,000 mark by a few $.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Hi! :)

I'm sure this information is on this page, but I've been reading for hours and I'm not finding the clarity I want.

I have a 2016 ecoboost convertible. Nothing but some stereo upgrades has been done to the car. I have about $1200(ish) that I can spend on a "perk up" (I'm quite aware that I'm not getting a GT killer for that much! lol)

I don't want to get real crazy, but I would like a bit more snap in the car. I'm looking for a kit, something along the lines of inlet/exhaust/tune upgrade that will add a satisfying amount of power in the lower/mid range like from ~2500 to ~5000 rpm.

I looked at the Roush Phase 2 kit, which has impressive numbers in the ad, but it looks like that big RWHP jump of 60hp is all at about 6500, where I will rarely, if ever be. The chart on it looks pretty mundane at the lower end (but I'm far from expert at translating the graphs to "seat of the pants feel")

After all this rambling --
What are the best options for a simple upgrade of that nature?
  • ~ $1200.00
  • Safe for engine (I know any upgrade adds strain, but some are illl advised)
  • gains in the 2500 to 5000 rpm band
I would do the FP performance and wait on the exhaust...

Wish I'd left the ford mufflers on the car... honestly. But I guess it depends on what you are going for... while my car sound good, the noise gets tiring. With the top down, I can hear the turbo hisses and that sounds good enough.

The rest is just noise that gets in the way of conversation with the top down. And sounds like an embarrassing little shit when next to a V8. But that is my opinion...

To be clear, I like the way my mufflers sound, but I wish I'd not done it.

My next car will definitely have active exhaust.

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
1200$? An intercooler (map makes a surprisingly efficient one)Get a down pipe, catted or un, a drop in filter an accessport and a tune.
Stock Premium gt's and vert gt's can certainly go down with this

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Stock replacement IC and FP tune, and be done with it. No need for an exhaust unless you just want some fart noises to come from your car.

Stock IC is junk, especially if you live in a hot/humid area, and the FP tune provides a lot of under the curve gains that really make the car a lot more fun to drive (plus it eliminates the fake engine sounds the speakers produce).

Sponsored
OP
OP
panhandler62

panhandler62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OK... bought one from Levittown. Once that is up and rumbling I'll make the next choice. :)

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Intercooler is a must, once youve driven it for a while the stock one will give up and you loose a heap of power. Other than that the downpipe is the only physical component that makes noticeable power.

OP
OP
panhandler62

panhandler62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
$4000? I guess I did overprice it by $600. But i got my parts all online @ the following prices.

Procal - $500 Levittownford
Mishimoto Catback - $650
GarretIC - $550

IMO if you really want to save money, wait for major holidays or sales where its 15-25% off products. Utilize promos and coupon codes, youll end up saving thousands on car modifications
The first couple cat back exhausts that came up were like $2500 .. I knee jerked on that... lol

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Steeda CAI with tune. That will run around $800 and you have $400 saved towards buying the Cat-back. I have Magnaflow Street Cat-back and it has a really nice rumble but that is just over $1000.

But if you want to really put a smile on your face, get Steeda's Comfort Suspension Package. With the camber plates and shock mounts, that gets you right around the $1200 mark. The improvement in the ride and handling makes it easily the best mod I have had done to my Mustang so far.
Sponsored