Sponsored

"Real" GT 350 competitor arrives Feb. 11

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I'm a car guy but one car you'll never find me behind the wheel off is a camaro! That's like a coke guy drinking pepsi not gonna happen!
Sponsored

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
The Camaro SS is already lighter than the GT350, and possibly quicker. 1LE is track ready, so it'll be on par with the GT350 on the track. You have to be open about cars to appreciate the 1LE on a GT350 forum
So wait, are the Camaro guys going to go back to talking track times instead of straight-line performance? It get's so confusing sometimes. To be honest, I very much respect the performance of the 1LE equipped cars in the 5th Gen, and this car will not doubt perform equally well on the new platform, but it's still a car with stale styling and no presence.

Marino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
The Camaro SS is already lighter than the GT350, and possibly quicker. 1LE is track ready, so it'll be on par with the GT350 on the track. You have to be open about cars to appreciate the 1LE on a GT350 forum
False. Even more false with the R.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Its the next big thing. You're doing all your mods and putting your hard earned money into the wrong car.
Meaning what?

Sponsored

BADASS03SVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
And then the gt500 ish car will come out from ford and GM will be back to square 1. Copied the body but still can't beat it

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado
Like others have said, it's nothing more than a suspension package and a few appearance items. Yes, it performed well, but it has no soul.
I find my 1LE has a lot of character which what I assume you mean.

People say the GTR has no soul because the computer does so much of the work. It makes for a numb driving experience and doesn't have specific character to its handling. I've never driven one but that seems to be why people say that it's soulless.

So what is it that makes the Mustang have soul but not the Camaro? I must have missed something.

Sponsored

aspensilver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2006 MBenz SLK55 AMG - '97 BMW 540I - 2010 Audi S4

People say the GTR has no soul because the computer does so much of the work. It makes for a numb driving experience and doesn't have specific character to its handling. I've never driven one but that seems to be why people say that it's soulless.

So what is it that makes the Mustang have soul but not the Camaro? I must have missed something.
It is the unique engine. FPC reminds me of exciting engines unique to the high end vehicle ala the E60 M5's V10, some of the AMG engines etc.

Those cars feel unique and exciting a cut above their lower tiered same chasis counterparts because of the engine! A special experience each time you turn the car on. Ford got it right here :ford:

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase

To me, a 1LE-equipped Gen5 Camaro is simply a Frankenstein car. It's built on an old sedan-intent chassis, using a non-unique powertrain and parts cobbled together from the ZL1 model. As I said, I respect the performance results of the exercise but there is nothing about it that generates any emotional response.

Can a 1LE-equipped Camaro SS have character? Sure. I mean, Frakenstein had character, too!

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
False. Even more false with the R.
The SS starts at 3,685

Shelby GT350® 3760
Shelby GT350® with tech package 3798
Shelby GT350® with track package 3791
Shelby® GT350R 3655
Shelby® GT350R with electronics package 3703

So really the only lighter one is the R.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
If the fifth gen 1LE can turn that bloated hog of a car into a great track car, then the 1LE on the Alpha is going to very, very good. Also, Motortrend has the SS and the M4 in their next head to head.
Sponsored