Passenger seatback - horrible rattle

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
All, I have a '19 Bullitt, so essentially PP1. Not sure if seats are different. They are the stock heated/cooled seats. I've taken the car to a track and now my driver seat squeaks. I'm not skinny, 250lbs at 6'2". Dealer ordered replacement seat bracket they will swap out, along with cooling module (my cooled seats suck).

My issue is passenger seat - on the back of it, if nobody is sitting in it, you can feel a plastic bracket/strap. If you drive and hit bumps, the bracket rattles against the leather/vinyl seat wrap and makes a horrible noise. It's definitely noticeable that is.
I know it's the passenger seat making this noise, because I can see the seat slightly shaking when driving on highways (even decently paved ones in OH) and if I put my hand on the back of the seat, the rattling stops. Likewise, it is not audible with a passenger in the car, but I usually drive alone, hence why it drives me NUTS.

Thanks all for reading!
Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Have you tried reclining the seat to different positions?

OP
OP
Bit_the_Bullitt

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Have you tried reclining the seat to different positions?
Yes, I have tried that. When I noticed the seatback shaking a bit, I tried that. I will try more positions on my way back, but at the same time can't really drive around with it completely reclined forward or backwards... :(

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Yes, I have tried that. When I noticed the seatback shaking a bit, I tried that. I will try more positions on my way back, but at the same time can't really drive around with it completely reclined forward or backwards... :(
Then maybe the seat back isn't latched in. Use the release for the seat back that's just under the headrest, then push it forward as if putting something in the back seat from outside, then push it back and latch it in. Good luck!

OP
OP
Bit_the_Bullitt

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Then maybe the seat back isn't latched in. Use the release for the seat back that's just under the headrest, then push it forward as if putting something in the back seat from outside, then push it back and latch it in. Good luck!
I'll try this, thanks for the input. However, the latch from the back (on the back of the seat) is connected to the seatback level on the right side by the floor - so it's like you're pulling on that if you're sitting in as a passenger. I'll give it a shot, but doubt it'll make a difference :(

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bit_the_Bullitt

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Tried this, adjusted the latch and it clicks in better in place, so the seat doesn't shake as much, but the noise/rattle is still there.

Holy hannah, you da man! (lady? I think you're a dude)
Seems like I'm in a better place in that thread, i.e. there's more inputs and people already know about it. Sweet, thanks!