Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

BLUDICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Cruise control sucks - you have to look down to locate it to turn it on - dangerous while driving on interstate- but ok to set speeds. Blower fan is noisy. Back trunk deck won't stay clean- easily scratches. Still has a hood prop - how cheap. And last but not least - no CD player - at this price? My daughter has a base Escape S that has a CD player - stock. Cheap ass Ford!
I'm done now.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Cruise control sucks - you have to look down to locate it to turn it on - dangerous while driving on interstate- but ok to set speeds.
Yes, I couldn't believe the CC didn't remember its on/off condition between starts in my 2016 GT. I have a 2013 car that I only touched the CC on/off once EVER to turn it on in the 1st mile on its trip home. The only real purpose of the on-off toggle is to turn it off if the brakes, clutch or nannies can't disengage CC due to some weird malfunction.

So in the Mustang, I just turn it on each time as part of the start up procedure so turning it on is never a distraction.

There is zero reason anyone should ever have to turn CC on. Make that button a bright red emergency off and have CC on automatically when the car starts.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I used my CD player once: to set the subwoofer and amplifier gain.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Just saw the other day where vinyl is now out selling cd, perhaps Ford should put a turntable in our Mustangs.

TC

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
Worst thing about my 17 Mustang GT......
1. Prop stick for the hood....
2. P-zero’s ....the PP upgrade over powers the tires.
3. Back seat....I’m 6’4” nobody is sitting behind my seat, lol!

Other than that, I’m pretty happy with the car.

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
I got the B&O upgrade stereo just so I CAN listen to the hundreds of CD's I have!!!! Flip phones don't do applecar play, etc. Yes I'm 60 yrs old!

Rant: Why does the inside mirror vibrate when the car seems so solid at highway speed? Driver door doesn't close tight enough to the car. Center of flip down back seats one is 3/4" HIGHER then the other in the center. Looks like crap every time I look in the vibrating mirror! No pass grab handle? Or driver side either. Are the head air bags is the way so no handles?? Otherwise I really like this car.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Rant: Why does the inside mirror vibrate when the car seems so solid at highway speed?
Damn straight ! Shakes like a $3 mule, while the side mirrors show rock solid images. You end up spending way too much time trying to determine if the car behind you is sporting a roof rack or a light bar.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I got the B&O upgrade stereo just so I CAN listen to the hundreds of CD's I have!!!! Flip phones don't do applecar play, etc. Yes I'm 60 yrs old!
70 here. I ripped hundreds of CDs to one USB drive. No pulling over (or taking eyes off the road) to find and insert a CD plus I can play any album, artist, song, genre with a voice command. Not to mention lots less wear and tear on the CDs or heat damage and theft risk.

Sponsored

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Would really like to be able to return seat back to position without using reclining lever. My daughter puts her school bag in the back seat, and each time she needs to put seat back she needs to readjust. Also, when she exits and grabs her bag she only has one hand free so we both need to work together to return the passenger seat back to its spot. Most cars can do this.

Also would have liked the touchscreen Sync 3 would be a bit closer to my finders...I seem to need to reach for it. I don't sit all that far back either, but just an 1 or so would be great.

Really small nitpicks. I've owned my GT for 2 years now, at just under 10000 kms so far, and I am overall very pleased with everything. This is my first Mustang.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Would really like to be able to return seat back to position without using reclining lever. My daughter puts her school bag in the back seat, and each time she needs to put seat back she needs to readjust. Also, when she exits and grabs her bag she only has one hand free so we both need to work together to return the passenger seat back to its spot. Most cars can do this.
If you use the lever on the back of the seat (in the middle near the top) instead of the one on the base, it will return to where it was before.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
If you use the lever on the back of the seat (in the middle near the top) instead of the one on the base, it will return to where it was before.
1Ys8xcG.gif
What he said
1Ys8xcG.gif

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Also would have liked the touchscreen Sync 3 would be a bit closer to my finders...I seem to need to reach for it. I don't sit all that far back either, but just an 1 or so would be great.
Because of the dangers of using a touch screen when the car is in motion, they are just a stop gap until voice control is better (understanding, recognizing driver voice, other sounds, etc.). It won't be long until touch screens won't accept touch input if the car is in motion.

So.... to minimize the times you have to reach farther than you like, you could learn everything that can be done via voice commands already. The system responds to more than I suspect many owners realize. Bonus: less exposure to the same dangers anyone using their phone screen is exposed to and we all hate those people.

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I did not know that! Thanks!
Sponsored