Sponsored

Raceseng Shift Knob - Ashiko - Blue Translucent or Red Textured for GT350?

Riverss26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Gen 1
Hi ALL -

To go along with my MGW shifter, I've decided to purchase Raceseng's ''Ashiko'' shift knob.
Now I am debating on color : Blue Translucent or Red Textured?

My GT350 is Lightning Blue so I could go the blue route and match closer to body color or go Red Textured to match the Start/Stop button and eventually calipers?

There is lots of blue on the car and not much red... By adding a Red Shift knob I will almost feel obligated to pair with red calipers and create some kinda flow...

Any thoughts or different ideas?
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hi ALL -

To go along with my MGW shifter, I've decided to purchase Raceseng's ''Ashiko'' shift knob.
Now I am debating on color : Blue Translucent or Red Textured?

My GT350 is Lightning Blue so I could go the blue route and match closer to body color or go Red Textured to match the Start/Stop button and eventually calipers?

There is lots of blue on the car and not much red... By adding a Red Shift knob I will almost feel obligated to pair with red calipers and create some kinda flow...

Any thoughts or different ideas?
Red translucent or gloss would be my choice. Red accents in the interior really look nice.

OP
OP
Riverss26

Riverss26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Gen 1
Funny I was leaning towards red and that's why I asked. Thanks… You wouldn’t go textured though? A grippier more mat finish kind of look?

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I have a new Raceseng signature in the trans red with lockout I bought for my 350. I just decided I liked the feel of stock. Just throwing it out there.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Riverss26

Riverss26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Gen 1
Much appreiciated; however,
my heart set on the Ashiko. Having the MGW also eliminates the need for lockout.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
No worries. The color on the translucent’s is very nice in person.

Much appreiciated; however,
my heart set on the Ashiko. Having the MGW also eliminates the need for lockout.

OP
OP
Riverss26

Riverss26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Gen 1
Nice! Say, on the MT82 six-speed did you have to retain the reverse lockout after installing the MGW? Looks like you did.

ZM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Nice! Say, on the MT82 six-speed did you have to retain the reverse lockout after installing the MGW? Looks like you did.
Well that was an old picture before the mgw. But no with the mgw you have to push down on the shifter and up

Sponsored
OP
OP
Riverss26

Riverss26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Gen 1
Well that was an old picture before the mgw. But no with the mgw you have to push down on the shifter and up
Thought so and I must say I do like the look. Thanks for the pic.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Funny I was leaning towards red and that's why I asked. Thanks… You wouldn’t go textured though? A grippier more mat finish kind of look?
Hi Martin. I was going strictly on appearance. How it feels in your hand is a personal preference. I prefer smooth. If I'm really hustling and my palms are getting sweaty I have gloves.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Thanks All. I took advantage of Raceseng's Black Friday sale and went with Red Textured...
Im on my 6th or so Raceseng knob. cant get enough of the new products and options. If you have an MGW then you will lose your reverse pull up collar obviously. I really hate the knob sitting on top of the boot look so I got their OEM knob adapter to give it a cleaner look and have more gripping length. I started off with the Ashiko but like the feel of the slammer better. I will be moving to a Stratose soon.

IMG_0414.JPG
Sponsored